S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Audi S4 Central Dash navigation

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 05:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi S4 Central Dash navigation

I wanted to know whether the map will be displayed in the central 7inch infotainment system( dash) if i don't have the navigation package? or is it just displayed in the MMI screen via android auto or car play?
Old 04-17-2018, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,067 Likes on 741 Posts

You must be talking about the driver information system between the rev counter and the speedo. Both displays are 7" if you don't get the navigation package. No the maps via AA or CarPlay are not displayed on the driver information system, only the MMI center screen. AA can only project to a single display. CarPlay technically since iOS 10 can project some information such as turn directions to a second display, but Audi doesn't support that.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I actually have the same question as OP, i.e. whether Premium Plus without any options/packages supports Navigation on the center console screen (not the one part of the instrument cluster) ?

- A week ago I test drove an S4 which did not have the navigation package part of that build and pressing the Navigation button just displayed an error on the screen that "Navigation is not supported". The dealer said I had to order the Navigation package.
- The list of standard features listed on the Audi website for S4 also does not indicate Navigation and says 7-inch screen in the standard for the center console.
- Although, the information here seems to indicate that the standard hardware installed on the Premium Plus is a 8.3-in center screen with navigation support. May be I'm misreading this page?

Could someone please clarify?
Old 04-21-2018, 09:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,067 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by tuxdude
I actually have the same question as OP, i.e. whether Premium Plus without any options/packages supports Navigation on the center console screen (not the one part of the instrument cluster) ?

- A week ago I test drove an S4 which did not have the navigation package part of that build and pressing the Navigation button just displayed an error on the screen that "Navigation is not supported". The dealer said I had to order the Navigation package.
- The list of standard features listed on the Audi website for S4 also does not indicate Navigation and says 7-inch screen in the standard for the center console.
- Although, the information here seems to indicate that the standard hardware installed on the Premium Plus is a 8.3-in center screen with navigation support. May be I'm misreading this page?

Could someone please clarify?
Premium Plus doesn't have built-in navigation standard and comes with a 7 inch center display, unless you order the Navigation package, which adds the Virtual Cockpit, upgrades the center display to 8.3 inch and adds Navigation. Prestige comes with the Navigation package standard. It appears that link has incorrect information. Here's what's standard in the Premium Plus as far as Infotainment and Technology is concerned.

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-...8/8W254A0_2018 T9T9 EI
Infotainment Technology
  • 7.0” MMI® center infotainment display
  • Audi connect® CARE assistance and security services 7
  • Bang & Olufsen® sound system with 3D sound with 19 speakers, 16-channel amplifier and 755 watts Voice control system
  • 7.0" color driver information system
  • Audi smartphone interface including Apple CarPlay™ and Google™ Android Auto™ 8
  • HD Radio™ Technology
  • SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with 90-day trial subscription 9
  • SDXC card slots with 64GB operating capacity (dual slots)
  • Cruise control with coast, resume and accelerate features
  • Audi music interface with two USB ports for data and charging connection
  • BLUETOOTH® wireless technology preparation for compatible mobile phones 10
  • BLUETOOTH® streaming audio for compatible devices 10
  • SDXC card slots with 64GB operating capacity (dual slots)
  • Audi advanced key – keyless start, stop and entry with hands-free trunk release 11
  • Parking system plus with rear view camera (front and rear acoustic sensors) 12
  • Audi side assist and Audi pre sense® rear with Rear cross traffic assist with Vehicle exit assist 12
  • Audi pre sense® basic 12
  • Audi pre sense® city 12
  • Audi drive select
  • Rain/light sensor for automatic windshield wipers and headlights
Old 04-22-2018, 03:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what’s the point in paying $4,400 more for the Prestige when you can get the Premium Plus and add navigation with virtual cockpit for only $2,600 more? Then heads up becomes the extra $1,800?
Old 04-22-2018, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Prestige gives you Navigation, Virtual Cockpit, HUD and Acoustic Glass (front only).
Old 04-22-2018, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by xtreme571
Prestige gives you Navigation, Virtual Cockpit, HUD and Acoustic Glass (front only).
I think top view camera, configurable LED interior lighting are also exclusive standard features in Prestige and not part of the Nav package in Premium+. The Driver Assistance Package is also an exclusive package to Prestige.

Based on the standard features listed on the website, I see the following differences:

Infotainment Technology
Premium Plus:
- Parking system plus with rear view camera (front and rear acoustic sensors)

Prestige:
- MMI® navigation plus
- MMI® touch with handwriting-recognition technology
- Audi virtual cockpit (12.3" LCD fully digital instrument cluster and two visual modes: Classic and Infotainment)
- 8.3" MMI® center infotainment/navigation display
- INRIX XD® Traffic
- Parking system plus with top view camera system
- Head-up display with navigation and assistance systems information

Interior

Premium Plus:
- Ambient LED interior lighting package

Prestige:
- Acoustic front side glass
- Ambient LED interior lighting plus package
Old 04-23-2018, 04:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What is acoustic glass?
Old 04-23-2018, 05:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by heynowbababooey
What is acoustic glass?
Double paned front driver and passenger windows - really cuts down on outside road and wind noise
Old 04-23-2018, 05:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by benz240
Double paned front driver and passenger windows - really cuts down on outside road and wind noise
Thank you. What is the MMI Touch and the Assistant Systems Info in Prestige?