S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Distribution Hold

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Yes, there are port delays. Not uncommon in the auto world at all, and nothing that is unique to Audi. My guess, you won't likely see any further cars released this month
Old 07-25-2017, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Yes, there are port delays. Not uncommon in the auto world at all, and nothing that is unique to Audi. My guess, you won't likely see any further cars released this month
Why on earth would Audi hold an ordered car at the port of entry?
Old 07-25-2017, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ClemsonAudi
Why on earth would Audi hold an ordered car at the port of entry?
Delivery holds can happen for a variety of reasons, and from a variety of sources.

Every car is an ordered car in reality
Old 07-26-2017, 04:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
What do you base your guess on? Seems like you would have to have some idea why they are holding cars.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by cpippolo
What do you base your guess on? Seems like you would have to have some idea why they are holding cars.
I work for the brand; as for the reason, I don't know, not my ministry. But cars don't automatically fly through, and at every point, you're at the mercy of the gov't.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pb12
Please keep us posted as you learn more. My car is on a boat headed to the west coast, though it only left on the 17th, so it will be a while before it gets to port. I'd hate for it to sit there for any length of time. I can only imagine how annoyed you must be! It's a first-world problem, but still....

M
Will do. As of today, day 10 in port, dealer sent me email chain with distribution contact claiming it had not cleared customs. From everything I've read in other posts, including other forums for different German car brands, customs usually only takes a couple of days, so perhaps it took some extra time in the VPC. Hopefully the VPC didn't have to repair anything.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Will do. As of today, day 10 in port, dealer sent me email chain with distribution contact claiming it had not cleared customs. From everything I've read in other posts, including other forums for different German car brands, customs usually only takes a couple of days, so perhaps it took some extra time in the VPC. Hopefully the VPC didn't have to repair anything.
I don't think you are alone. Another poster is saying no cars will be released for the rest of July, with nobody having info as to when cars will start. Ring released...hopefully a routine issue...
Old 07-26-2017, 08:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've been in port since the 12th of July.. I feel your pain.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

FWIW, my S4 has been at the (eastern) port for the last two weeks with the status of "approved for release to transport or carrier". Both my CA and GM are unsure why it hasn't arrived at their location. Call was made yesterday to the Audi DM. Still no update. I guess it will be sometime next month for delivery.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pb12
I don't think you are alone. Another poster is saying no cars will be released for the rest of July, with nobody having info as to when cars will start. Ring released...hopefully a routine issue...
Saw SCarGuy suggest that above, but then he indicated that he didn't know the reason for the hold, so wouldn't take that to the bank. I saw something similar in a Q7 forum, but that appeared to be because they were waiting for the 2017 models to clear the lots. We don't have that issue with the S4 as there were no 2017 S4s, and they have been delivering them for a while.

Still holding out hope for this week as I'm travelling next week, but as long as they honor the quote for my trade that I got last week, it doesn't make that much of a difference. Just enjoy my 15 Cayman S for another couple of weeks!

Quick Reply: Distribution Hold