S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

DT Power - New Products

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LaZyB0ne
Are you running the TCU+ standalone? Or are you running it with a piggyback tune as well?
​​​
​​
TCU+ standalone. I was probably gonna go with the piggyback tune soon. It shifts smooth, but so quick. It's somewhat hard to explain but you can feel it instantly. I had a couple of Camaro RS' try and pull me on the freeway, and damn they got smoked so hard....

I was waiting for the burger tune, but due to the lovely state of California they won't let them send it here.....

Do you think that's going to stop me?! LOL
Old 10-01-2018, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Sounds great.
A bit on the expensive side though.

Unfortunately, it's not likely that Audi will step up and actually correct their pathetic tuning of what is and should be a fantastic auto trans.
I had this AT in my '12 335i Msport and the improved ZF 8AT in the '16 340i Msport.
In both of those cars the ZF was MUCH better, and sublime and fantastic in the 340i Msport.

If any were to judge the ZF 8AT on just the S4, they would be left with a bad impression.
Yes, it's SLOW in D mode, and S is only a slight improvement.
S mode feels almost like regular D in the BMWs, but you get all 8 gears in the BMW.
S in the BMW is truly a much better "sport" mode than what Audi thinks it should be.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:58 PM
Banned

I just published what I am calling the Deluxe Tuning Combo for the S cars. This includes the TCU+ Transmission Tuner and the Powercontrol Engine Tuner. This puts both into a package that will save you over $200 off the list price for both.

Hop on over and get your S car running the way it should have come from Audi. The response here can't lie. Just ask anyone about the response from the DTE tuner, the TCU+ and most of all, our customer service.

Let me know how we can be of service to you.

Audi B9 S-Series Deluxe Tune Combo - DT Power
Old 10-05-2018, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just got the Dragy (dragy - GPS Based Performance Meter - Free Shipping in USA) unit in to validate some of the mods I'm making. This thing is a lot of fun to play with.

0-60: 4.35s , 4.44s (at around 71F)

Only thing I have in there is an intake. Intercooler coming next week. I'l have it down in the 3s range by end of year.

I'll post a video of the pulls when it doesn't have my name on them (lol), bonehead mistake on my end.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey @Aaron@DTE

How does the TCU+ tune interact with a full ECU tune such as APR or Revo?
Do they place nice together? Has anyone installed both (maybe on an A4 or S3)?
Old 10-09-2018, 05:22 PM
Banned

They play nice. I just installed an APR stage one tune on a customer's B8 S4 along with a pedalbox and the TCU. He loves it.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by thermobryan
I just got the Dragy (dragy - GPS Based Performance Meter - Free Shipping in USA) unit in to validate some of the mods I'm making. This thing is a lot of fun to play with.

Only thing I have in there is an intake. Intercooler coming next week. I'l have it down in the 3s range by end of year.

I'll post a video of the pulls when it doesn't have my name on them (lol), bonehead mistake on my end.
Intercooler installed. 0-60s down to 4.15s

Last edited by thermobryan; 10-12-2018 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:08 AM
Banned

I love the updates! Thanks. What's up next?
Old 10-12-2018, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Aaron@DTE
I love the updates! Thanks. What's up next?
Most likely the tune. I do have one question for you Aaron.

One thing I've noticed with the TCU+ is when I slam the accelerator and it's at red line it seems to dwell for a quick period at the top of the rpm. Rather than a quick transition from 6500rpm to next gear it has a quick dwell. Was it tuned this way?
Old 10-25-2018, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by thermobryan

Did the TCU+ tune decrease your 0-60 time (with just intake)? If so, do u know by how much?

Quick Reply: DT Power - New Products