S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Experience with Rattles and Interior noises?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 11:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear kind of a high pitch noise that sounds like it's outside the vehicle. I came to the conclusion that it's the tires? Not sure if anyone else hears anything from their 19" wheel/tire setup but, once the radio is on I can't hear it so it isn't that bad. But would be curious is anyone else hears the same
Old 09-07-2017, 02:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DillonM
I hear kind of a high pitch noise that sounds like it's outside the vehicle. I came to the conclusion that it's the tires? Not sure if anyone else hears anything from their 19" wheel/tire setup but, once the radio is on I can't hear it so it isn't that bad. But would be curious is anyone else hears the same
I've got the 19" OEM Contis and I'm impressed how quiet they are. My S4 is Prestige which I think adds sound insulating glass.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Twowheelsgood
I've got the 19" OEM Contis and I'm impressed how quiet they are. My S4 is Prestige which I think adds sound insulating glass.
Mine is VERY faint. It almost sounds like a winding noise but it is so faint. You can get it will radio and AC off
Old 09-07-2017, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

So I'll add to the list.
1. I have a loose screw in the passenger side floor panel. Loose as in, it's rolling in there. Every time I speed up, it rolls back to rear door, and when I brake it rolls to the front. Super annoying, but I'm afraid if I take the car in, those panels on the floor will start rattling after being torn apart.
2. The rear dash panel. Every time I close the trunk, I see it move. May be normal, may not be but it vibrates with music.
3. Driver door creaking while driving. I can hold my elbow to the door and keep it silent, but it creaks.
4. Weird whine from engine bay on low rpms on driver side, in S mode.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by xtreme571
So I'll add to the list.
1. I have a loose screw in the passenger side floor panel. Loose as in, it's rolling in there. Every time I speed up, it rolls back to rear door, and when I brake it rolls to the front. Super annoying, but I'm afraid if I take the car in, those panels on the floor will start rattling after being torn apart.
2. The rear dash panel. Every time I close the trunk, I see it move. May be normal, may not be but it vibrates with music.
3. Driver door creaking while driving. I can hold my elbow to the door and keep it silent, but it creaks.
4. Weird whine from engine bay on low rpms on driver side, in S mode.
I've got the same whine noise. Sounds like it's coming from engine bay. Must be normal?
Old 09-07-2017, 09:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DillonM
I've got the same whine noise. Sounds like it's coming from engine bay. Must be normal?
Confirmed whine noise. High pitch and faint. I've narrowed it to throttle position. Dealer couldn't figure it out... or I should say they couldn't hear it. Almost sounds like a squeal.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've got rattles in both front doors with 3k miles. Dealership wanted to keep the car for at least 3 days to look at them. Haven't taken it in yet cause I don't want to drive a crappy loaner
Old 09-15-2017, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Got my courage up to drop the car off at the Dealership today to address the persistent rattles. The Tech I rode with said he wasn't aware of any service bullitens on the 18 S4 related to interior noises but would double check the computer. Based on what he heard, said they might need to drop the headliner and pull the sunroof which makes me super nervous. Fingers crossed that I won't seriously regret letting them pull apart the interior.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had the tsb done for the rear window glass tabs that were rattling. Took an hour and it's rattle free.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Dropped off my 2017 A4 because a persistent rattle coming from the rear passager side .... more noticeable when driving on smooth services. Two or three techs can’t hear what I hear, or they don’t consider it significant enough. I have to go back and drove with the shop supervisor. Another day in the shop I guess.

Quick Reply: Experience with Rattles and Interior noises?