S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Mileage check thread: How's your S4 holding up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 09:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't know if this might help....

NHTSA ID: 10120832
TSB ID: A911598 2018187-

Supersedes technical service bulletin group 91 number 14-50 dated july 10, 2014. customer may report that cracking, grinding, rattling, humming, whining, or similar interference is coming from one or more speakers. parts of the speakers
Old 03-01-2018, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks for the help re the TSB!
Old 03-01-2018, 11:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by mplsbrian
I described an issue to my service advisor where buzzing was heard from the rear dash when playing bass-heavy music at about half 1/3 to 1/2 volume (I don't really go higher than that, my ears have no need). As will all US S4s, I have the B&O stereo. The service advisor didn't even to bother to duplicate the issue and simply said "I am pretty sure I remember a TSB for that for the B9 A4, we'll look" and when I picked up the car they said "yup there was a TSB for that and we took care of it" and the rattle is now gone. Good enough for me--I'm sure they just put some foam tape somewhere that the factory should've all along. (My last car had a similar extremely widespread issue of a similar nature and the TSB fix involved applying foam tape to the rear center brake light, which was the source of the rattle in that particular car.)

FWIW, I am all but sure that the rattle was coming from my rear dash, not my rear center headrest. (I believe I saw you'd said at one point that was your issue?) Anyway, that's what I know.
Aren’t TSB numbers referenced on the service invoice so the dealer can be reimbursed by AoA?
Old 03-02-2018, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Odometer reading: 2425 mi
Vehicle delivery date: Oct 14, 2017 (4.5 months ago)
Driving profile: 50/50 city/highway with a 10% variation.

Car is great/amazing. Love it. So does my GF and friends. Best car they've been in. Just had the roof wrapped in gloss black metallic. Looks awesome will post pics when I get a good sunny day to show the contrast.

Issues to date:
1. Had the alarm go off for no reason when I left the vehicle when I walked away about 20 yards. FOB was in pocket touching nothing. Went back and the back door wouldnt open and car wouldn't lock. Got in the car, restarted it, opened and closed all doors and car locked fine. Maybe just a latch or something wasn't hitting.
2. Had PRE-SENSE ! come on one day when just driving down the road. Didn't think the car in front of me that passed/went in front was even close so no clue what that was.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Delivery Date: 12-23-17
Odometer: 3,600ish miles (mainly highway).
Vehicle Specs: 2018 S4 Premium Plus, Daytona Grey, S Sport Pkg, Carbon Fiber Inlays
Wheels/Tires (Winter Setup): BBS SR/Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4
Drive Style: S Mode 99% of the time.

Absolutely ZERO issues. The engine felt like it broke in around the 2000 mile mark... sounded less raspy, and had more of a rumble drone to it. Car rides like its on rails. Still playing around with the B/O Stereo settings to find the perfect combo for heavy metal/hard rock/jazz. Passengers rave about the massaging seats, but I could care less. I used them once, and never turned on the function again.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wanted to Add a few thoughts:

Current 9900 miles, purchased 11months ago, going in for first OCI in a week to two.
Mostly HIghway miles, and mostly done in D / Comfort mode.....all others = S mode. PUHlease!

I have added 1/4 quart of (proper) OIl at 6k miles, and again at 9k. Total consumption in 10k miles = 1/2 quart, which I find Totally acceptable.
Curious if anyone else is checking their oil levels and noticing any consumption??

NOthing majorly problematic to report. Front center speaker rattle, creaky driver's seat side bolster.

Really pleased with the car thus far. OTher than the payments!!

gr
Old 03-21-2018, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Not so good. This is from this morning.

Old 03-21-2018, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

@stanj - oh no buddy, do tell when you get it figured out...

Originally Posted by ghostrider990
I have added 1/4 quart of (proper) OIl at 6k miles, and again at 9k. Total consumption in 10k miles = 1/2 quart, which I find Totally acceptable.
Curious if anyone else is checking their oil levels and noticing any consumption??
I was at about the 60% mark on the e-dipstick at 6,500 miles. Dealer topped me up for free. I'm told the e-dipstick represents about 1 quart so this represents just a bit more consumption than you but not by much.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ghostrider990
Wanted to Add a few thoughts:

Current 9900 miles, purchased 11months ago, going in for first OCI in a week to two.
Mostly HIghway miles, and mostly done in D / Comfort mode.....all others = S mode. PUHlease!

NOthing majorly problematic to report. Front center speaker rattle, creaky driver's seat side bolster.

Really pleased with the car thus far. OTher than the payments!!

gr
I'm at 13,500 miles--have not noticed any drop in oil level and I check it often. The car was serviced at 10,000 miles. I know it uses it, however!
Old 03-22-2018, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Location: A place where I'm halfway to getting my degree. But with life reminding me, it's not easy.

Originally Posted by stanj
Not so good. This is from this morning.

Any update on what's wrong?

Quick Reply: Mileage check thread: How's your S4 holding up?