S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

New My AudiAPP

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New My AudiAPP

Since I'm one of the many who didn't continue my trial subscription to Audi Connect - I am missing some of the features that the Audi MMI App enabled. Specifically, the Lock Unlock feature.

It was suggested to me several months ago by an old friend who works for Audi, that because the car still has connected funtionality (through the emergency call features) that I could still utilize the Lock/Unlock feature through the App.
Unfortunately, at the time -- the MMI App hadn't been updated for that functionality, and wouldn't work with the "old" MMI app.

I'm a little behind on updates via my iphone - but this morning I downloaded the latest version of the App, re-confirmed my original credentials, and VOILa! I once again have the ability to remotely lock and unlock the car!
The only downside is, that you no longer have a nice pretty facing screen that clearly depicts and lists whether you car is Currently Locked or Unlocked.
It is a simple Padlock selection of lock or unlock.
You can go into Locking/Unlocking History tab just below those icons, and see the literal history, and determine the current status of the car from there, however.

This may have been covered in the past - but was happy to see I can do this again, even without connect services active.
Truly - this IS the most useful feature of a seriously featureless remote services APP for our cars.
One day, Audi may get this right, but they have a long way to go before I pay the legal extortion fees for Audi Connect with limited functionality.

gr
Old 01-16-2019, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

I'll check it out again. The Android version had horrible reviews, and that was preventing me from using it.
Old 01-16-2019, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome find! This was the feature I used the most and I’m glad it’s available without their services! Hopefully they’ll keep it like this.

Thanks!