S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

After about 2 years of waiting....I'm down to the last couple of days (Arghhhhh ! Where's my S4!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-1999, 05:29 AM
Steve S.

Default After about 2 years of waiting....I'm down to the last couple of days (Arghhhhh ! Where's my S4!)

Ok...Ok....So I first see some information about the S4 that is to be built in Europe...this musta been about 2 years ago. I immediately decide I want one. Then old Audi friends tell me how much the old 92-94 S4 and 95 S6 cars went for...over $50K US...and I think...oh crap..I don't think I can afford one of these babies. Then it is introduced in Europe for about $50K US dollar equivalent...Utoh...still expensive...But, I like it even more. Wait...more wait..more wait...hey AoA when you bringing this baby to the US? So then we finally get the ability to order them...but, no pricing yet. So, a bunch of Audi friends order their S4s without knowing the pricing. Me, the analytical person I am...I wait until the $37.9K base price is announced before I order. This was back in early September. So then I wait and wait...and wait...and now I am down to the last 2-7 days of wait. The suspense is KILLING ME. I am really the gotta have it now kinda people...I HATE waiting!!!!

So, please Mr. Transport Driver...deliver my new Nogaro S4 to my dealer....I "need" it now.

Sorry for venting...I am sure a lot of you understand.

Steve S.
97 2.8QM (for sale)
00 S4 (somewhere on the highway in Texas/New Mexico/Arizona/California?)
Old 12-29-1999, 05:35 AM
Tim

Mine was released from Texas on the 27th, also waiting
Old 12-29-1999, 06:51 AM
Another Drew

Default Did you get confirmation that it left port?

I can totally remember what it felt like. It felt like someone punched me in my gut.

If it left port, I'd suspect that it should be at the dealer within a day or two. Wohooo!!

If you don't know if it has left port, the wait is going to kill you even more in a couple days. I'm not trying to make you feel worse but help you squeeze out a little more patience. If you think that there's a chance your S4 will arrive in 2 days and it doesn't, you'll be pi$$ed like you've never been. You think the wait is killing you now? Pfffft, wait two more days.

Just tell yourself it'll be here late next week. If it arrives earlier, you'll be totally stoked.
Old 12-29-1999, 07:43 AM
rickp

Default 95 S6 was only about 46K new.............

Steve,

Of course, I got mine used in 96 for only about 36.5K which was a great deal (well, until my accident). Of course, I had already put 3K of mods on it before I got it home.

As you know, the S cars really hold their value. My insurance company gave me 44K for my 3 week old baby (may she rest in peace)! So, I actually made a profit of over 4K even after all of the mods I put on it! (grins)

Your really going to love that Nogaro blue color. It's fantastic. People think my car is quite beautiful.

In fact, just last week my favorite bagger girl at the grocery store (she is a REALLY cute woman) ran over from another line and offered to carry my groceries out to the car (I had only bought like *one* thing).

Complete strangers smile when I drive by. Others just stare with their mouths open.

Oh, and the power on this thing.......the POWER!!!
Old 12-29-1999, 07:47 AM
rickp

Default Oops, hit the wrong button...........

Steve,

Don't forget to check for scratches on the wheels before you take the car. They're replacing one of my wheels next week (at my insistence).

Rick
Old 12-29-1999, 09:47 AM
Jason C

Default My '93 S4 was origionally $52k (u.s.)...

the MY2000 S4 is in my opinion the most car for the money on the road...
Old 12-29-1999, 02:23 PM
Roger B

Default Sounds like you're set on the S4 despite the headroom issue...

I saw 'your' Pelican Blue 1.8T at Diablo Audi when I was in there for servicing the other day. Very nice, but there's just something about a S4 - it has a special aura or something.

- Rog
Old 12-29-1999, 03:28 PM
Steve S.

Default Three transports arrived there today (only two cars offloaded on the first two trucks)

The last one they don't know whats on it....George Trapp did see a Laser Red S4 on the last truck though. No Nogaros. Yes, I am once again leaning towards the S4...but time will tell. My 97 A4 is still for sale with minimal bites.

Steve S.
Old 12-29-1999, 08:41 PM
rickp

Default A4s are flooding the market about now..........

......A lot are coming off leases and so there's not much demand. I had to eat about 1K to trade mine in. What's this "again leaning toward the S4" stuff? Hey Steve, you're one of US! You just gotta get one!!!

It hurts hearing about you waiting.......

Rick