S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Audi Service in NJ -- Bad Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2002, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Service in NJ -- Bad Experiences

Just wanted to pass along my experiences with Paul Miller Audi in Parsippany, NJ since I sometimes see people post questions about dealerships AND to save anyone else from the hassles I have gone through with this dealer.

Keep in mind, this is my OPINION and my experiences, so take it as you will...

I have leased 2 cars over the past 3 1/2 years from Paul Miller and unfortunately more than 1/2 the time I bring the cars in for warranty service it is just a blatant battle with their service reps and techs to get anything done besides an oil change (which I provide the oil for anyway).

My latest experience was the last straw with this dealership. The technician/service person actually told me to "prove it and then we'll look into fixing it" and then he hung up on me. (Nice one!). I have since called back and spoken to the service manager and my salesperson there to let them know I will NOT be bringing business to there dealership again! (this latest battle was over a driver's side seat that rocks back and forth under braking and sometimes under acceleration...am I unreasonable to ask for this to be fixed?!).

Past issues that I had to make multiple trips in and basically beg/argue/battle to have taken care of are:

- control arms on an A4 (only to find out months later that this is a KNOWN problem/issue that the dealers are aware of). I had to go through three separate trips of begging, pleading, and taking people on test-drives in my car to "prove" there is a problem. Then they could only replace one arms because the other was on back order (they didn't tell me this when I picked up the car so when I got the car back and it still made those sounds I had to call, complain, and beg them to go out with me for another test drive...THEN they told me they still had to replace one of the arms...) Total = four trips, multiple phone calls and lots of hassle to fix control arms which were a known problem.

- blown Bose speaker (tech actually told me over the phone, "...you can complain to whoever you want, but I am NOT giving you a new speaker..." P.S. After speaking with the service manager and being told that the speaker WAS under warranty and that they would check it again, AND another two days in service to do this, they eventually put a new speaker in...which I am thankful they did, but why such a hassle?)

- now the driver's seat and possible control arm issue again and they refuse to recognize the issues unless I can "prove it" (sound familiar?!? This time they suggested I ride around the street near their dealership and find a spot where I can take them for a test-drive and "prove it" to them, otherwise, they are not going to "throw parts at the car to fix it"...what parts do you throw at a car seat? Maybe tighten some bolts and/or replace the rail?!? I think I would rather drive the streets AWAY from their dealership to a new dealer).

Anyway...sorry if it sounds like I am venting, but maybe this will save even ONE future customer from having these problems or being treated like it's a trail by jury (and the jury is made up of Audi employees) if you ever need more than an oil change at Paul Miller Audi.

Too bad, they had a good selection and were competitive on price when I leased the first car there...hope I can find a dealership that can sell a car AND service it without hassle in the future...after owning 5 Audis I am not about to just give up on the brand, however, today is one of those days and Paul Miller is the type of dealership that makes you wonder if maybe there is another brand out there worth looking into.

Hmmmm...can anyone suggest a less-hassle Audi dealership in northern NJ?
Old 05-09-2002, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Bellavia has been great with everything to me.. I went to JacK Daniels for the seat prob
Old 05-09-2002, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Try Bell Audi in Rahway or Jack Daniels in Fair Lawn (m) ...

Jack Daniels fixed my moving seat problem under warranty ... tech sat in the car, felt the seat slide a tiny bit (it only would slide like 1/8" but was annoying), and then ordered and installed a new seat frame for me. Problem gone. They also replaced my front brakes under warranty after only 3K miles cause some rust on them was causing vibration.
Old 05-09-2002, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Jack Daniels in Fairlawn, NJ -- nice service people, fast turn-around, new bigger service dept.
Old 05-09-2002, 01:31 PM
Former Vendor

Jack Daniels has ALWAYS treated me right.....
Old 05-09-2002, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Go figure...

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/795103.phtml">my post from last week</a></li></ul>
Old 05-09-2002, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Try Bell in Rahway

Have absolutely nothing but praise for their service dept. Recently had a MAF sensor go on my S4, called late Thursday afternoon, and they had me in the next morning. This has always been the case with Bell. No hassle, never any problems at all. Mind though I did buy the car from them, and don't know how they would deal with a car bought from another dealership. I only mention this since I've personally had problems getting service from other dealerships in the past.
Old 05-09-2002, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Jack Daniels motors is the way to go. Bellavia is also great. You can't lose unless you're a *****.
Old 05-09-2002, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Audi Service in NJ -- Bad Experiences

Here is what you do. Take pic's if you can of the problem and past problems from them, then write a letter or e-mail to Audi Of America and CC that rude ***** (Tech/service) person and his manager.
Cant say it's going to help but atleast AOA will have a record of that person and dealer.
Good luck.

P.S. Jack Daniels is the way to go.
Old 05-09-2002, 04:13 PM

I have to recommend Bellavia Audi --Speak with Mr. Kenny Boyd.

Quick Reply: Audi Service in NJ -- Bad Experiences