S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

A brief story about how Brian @ Avalon saved my arse

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A brief story about how Brian @ Avalon saved my ****

I forgot to mention a big favor that this vendor did for me a few weeks ago when I was going stage 3, so figured I may as well post it now.

It was a Thursday and the car was almost completely back together and ready to go. This was good, because I absolutely positively needed a vehicle for an 800mi trip that weekend and really didn't want to get stuck renting something.

Around 6pm EST, I learned that I had somehow overlooked the RS4 accordion hose which I needed. Without that part, it was going to be awfully hard to attach the RS4 MAF.

So, I started making phone calls. It was too late for the east coast vendors, so I started looking west. First couple of vendors didn't have it in stock. Next one couldn't get it out to me in time. Then I called Avalon and spoke to Brian.

Brian said he didn't have the part handy, but had the part in stock at a warehouse and would call me back in a few minutes. A few minutes went by, my phone rang, and Brian shared the good news. With some legwork on his end, he could get the part to me, in my hands, by 10:30am the next day - and the part was even ~10% less than from his competitors.

So here's my big public thanks to Brian at AVALON MOTORSPORTS for really coming through when I needed it, despite the fact that it was really a last minute request.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Brian is the man.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:43 PM

I can't think of a better man and shop to deal with myself. Phil, Dario, Brian- all good people..
Old 10-03-2008, 04:22 PM

Brian has always been great to deal with. Two thumbs up in my book!
Old 10-03-2008, 04:46 PM

Default Man now your just talking...

Everyone has their own experiences with businesses. It's one thing to share them, it's another to force them on others. Your issue is interesting, and yes it sucks for you. I'm sure it sucks for Brian too. Bad things happen to good people, and they also can bring out the worst in relationships. Believe me when I say I've had enough experiences with Avalon and Brian to bring validity to my 'post' above. IMO, I think you should leave your post as just an experience, which allows others to decide for themselves whether or not to do business with the business. I think going past that just isn't respectable, and is rather slanderous. In conclusion, I respect your opinion/experience, but don't go forcing things down people's throat, it's no way to be
Old 10-03-2008, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

* Ding! *
Old 10-03-2008, 05:16 PM

Default You kind of missed the point...

Basically all I'm saying is to post objective experiences without the slander. I think you should be able to post as many bad experiences about whatever it may be...that's understandable. Slander is unnecessary and a very dangerous thing. Praise is different, as it doesn't have the dangerous edge to it. As they say in the military, "Praise in public, discipline in private".
Old 10-03-2008, 05:23 PM

Default "Keep posting up all your positive and i'll keep posting up my negative to keep it balanced."

I hope you're better than that statement. Childish...
Old 10-03-2008, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You do realize you could have shipped the wheels somewhere to be refinished.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:28 PM

Default I hope you keep working on that, not that I myself am infallible in that aspect.

What was said just doesn't sit as well and could definitely use a bit more objectivity...
Not to say that I don't realize where it comes from, you're pissed off, right? I can't blame human emotion, I can only control my own and 'advise' you to as well....

Quick Reply: A brief story about how Brian @ Avalon saved my arse