S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Can I name a particular dealr and ask about their service department on this forum?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2001, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can I name a particular dealr and ask about their service department on this forum?
Old 04-03-2001, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yes, that is fine.
Old 04-03-2001, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default the only reason most people don't use dealer names is...

because alot of people have modded their car and would rather their dealers didn't know who they were. Some dealers AND AoA reportedly read the board so you frequently don't see specific names mentioned.

Frequently you can ask a question about a dealer and ask for e-mail replies so the sender doesn't have to post.
Old 04-03-2001, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The dealer is Phil Long European Imports, does any one have any expriences with them?

They are the closest dealer to me and I probably will be taking my S4 to them for service. I am not buying the care from them because they are not willing to budge on the price. With all the different things I have heard about some dealers, I think it would be good to have some previous warning! If you want you can send me an email at rezazia@home.com
Old 04-03-2001, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I've had fairly mixed experience with P.L. (m)

More often than not, I leave there fuming and swearing I'll never buy another Audi. However, this doesn't seem to be exceptional to the service of many many other Audi dealerships, so maybe it's not such a bad deal. I know that one of the more problematic service writers there was let go w/in the last 6 mos due to numerous complaints (a damaged s4 among them), so at least he's gone. There is a gentleman there by the name of Eric that's always been very nice to me and gone out of his way to make sure I get taken care of. Other than that, the writers there all come off as pretty arrogant to me, though I'm not sure how much of that is related to my (relatively) young age. One more note: they don't seem to be exceptionally mod-friendly. I took my car in for an alignment after I lowered it, and the first thing the service manager says to me is: "You know that voids your warranty, right?" I replied that, yes, I was aware that a suspension mod voided the warranty on parts directly affected by the mod, but if he tried to deny me service on a heated mirror that stopped working he'd rue the day. Or something along those lines. Bottom line is that I don't think that P.L. is any better or worse than most of the other dealers I've encountered, but try and deal with Eric (if he's still around) if you possibly can.

B
Old 04-03-2001, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks for the feedback

Sounds like they are mediocre at best. It's dishartening to hear this about a company that is trying to push excellence in service. Maybe I am expecting to much, but even though I know German cars can be tempermental, I would expect a dealer who is selling high end cars to want to bend over backwards for their customers. Do you know other people who have dealt with P.L. and if they had simmilar experiences?
Old 04-04-2001, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've had good luck with Eric and Steve the service manager

I'm totally stock, so can't comment on the "mod-friendliness"....

I've found them to be about average in terms of initial response and communication, but they've bent over backwards to help me out on a long-term issue.

Feel free to e-mail as I'm not tracking this thread...