S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

A couple S4 questions from a newbie.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2000, 10:47 AM
Christian

Default A couple S4 questions from a newbie.

Hello All,

Please bear with me if you've heard these questions a bunch of times. Any insight would be appreciated. I wanted to ask how long the typical delivery time is from order of vehicle to delivery. Also what you were able to negotiate if at all from MSRP. Is the A4 redesign planned for the 2001 model year? Also, have any of you heard rumors of an S4 coupe? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-CA
Old 01-20-2000, 10:55 AM
Nicholas Wong

Default My insights ...

I'm still trying to purchase an S4 and I haven't found a dealer that is willing to go anything below MSRP. I did find one in my area that, over the phone, said they'd go $500 below, but that's over the phone. As for delivery time, I've been quoted 2-4 months.
Old 01-20-2000, 11:06 AM
mm

Answers: Immediate to 3 months, $0 to $1500+/- off MSRP, possibly (only Audi knows), not really.
Old 01-20-2000, 11:07 AM
mm

Search the archives for many more details.
Old 01-20-2000, 11:09 AM
Christian

Default Re: My insights ...

Thanks for your responses.
Old 01-20-2000, 11:09 AM
Karaya IOne

Default Re: A couple S4 questions from a newbie.

The dealer told me 1 week to one month for delivery. The car arrived within a week.

It is difficult to get a deal on the S4. The car is in demand and "new." The dealer is aware that if you do not buy it someone else will.

I shopped around and let all the dealers compete with eachother.

As for future models, there are quiet a bit of rumors but thats about it.

K1
Old 01-20-2000, 11:11 AM
Another Drew

Default A few answers

The photo that's being published and spread around about the new A4 is a photoshop fake. Theres a post about it a few posts down.

Delivery time can really vary. If your dealer is able to change some options on an S4 that's been ordered to meet your requirements, your S4 will arrive sooner than if the dealer has to order from scratch. Once your S4 is in production, it takes about 8-9 weeks until it arrives at your dealer. The key is to find out the week your S4 is scheduled to start production. You can find some additional info on Sean's website through the links page.

The price you'll pay will depend on where live. Here in DC, you'll be able to haggle down about $1000, maybe $1,500. Majority here have paid MSRP in DC

Drew.
Old 01-20-2000, 11:48 AM
Christian

Default Re: A few answers

Hey Drew,

I'm in DC as well. Thanks for the input - the discounting sounds about in line with what I was extended on my 328ci. Before you guys yell I'll let you know I've had three Audi quattros before this car! Did you look at Heishman's? I don't personally trust HBL too much from what friends have experienced there. Thanks to everyone else for helping out a relatively uninformed board visitor.

-CA
Old 01-20-2000, 12:03 PM
Another Drew

Default Check with Heishmans (yes, it's a plug)

I saw two silver S4's on the lot yesterday. I don't know if they were spoken for. Generally, Heishman and Rockville seem favored by frequenters of this board. If you go to Heishman, give Bob McElwee a shot. Scot Kight and I bought from him. I don't know if Scot checks up on this board anymore. Bob's pretty well versed with the S4 and cars/racing in general. Let him know people on this board sent you and it may be easier to get him to discount. Stay away from ...dog gone it! I can't remember the salesman's named but he really messed it up with Jim De Arras. I'm sure Jim remembers his name. I heard Chick Stanton is a nice guy. More than the dealer, it's important to find the right salesman.

Good luck.

Drew
00 S4