S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Good kills...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good kills...

Two stories:

On my way home I came across a bran-spankin' MB CLK 430 on I90 hitting it hard across the bridge. I hurried and fell behind him and sat there for 10 minutes or so until traffic cleared. He was cruising at 85 - 90 and based on his aggressive weaving I figured he'd hit during the next clear stretch. Sure enough, he did and I dropped back, about five car lengths, then dropped it into fourth and started pulling on him like there was no tomorrow. My gut feeling (before we took off) was that I was going to stick behind him and maybe gain on him just a hair, but no, I had to pull over a lane otherwise I would have been in his trunk. it didn't even seem like he was trying - shocking really. By the time I shifted into fifth he was a good distance behind me. I shut it down at about 120 and waited for him, thinking maybe he'd look over but, of course not -- typical. Anyway, we did it once again, only this time we were side-by-side and going a little slower. Once again, third, shift to fourth, gone. Not even sure that I made it to fifth. Nevertheless, he seemed "unhappy", at best.

I'm guessing that he was stock; maybe an exhaust, it was noisy. Still, I was surprised that the 275HP V8 wasn't even close.

Kill number two. This one was just amusing. This beast, slightly resembling an Accord, blew past me on I5 doing 100+ with two of the largest exhaust pipes I've ever seen. They must have been 6" in diameter and they extended at least a foot past the bumper. So, he had the typical slathering of sporty looking stickers (for added HP), a wing that almost took off my driver side mirror, a suspension so low that it's a wonder how the wheels compress at all. Anyway, you get the picture. He slowed down with traffic ahead and I pulled up behind him and sat there for a few miles while he rattled my eardrums. I pulled beside and two of his "big-booty-hoes" looked over and started waving. Then they started laughing and carrying on while Mr. Driver turned on his hot-blue backlit lights on his gage bar on the driver's side. I'm sure they would have suited up and had the fire extinguishers ready had they seen me earlier. Anyway, I backed off a bit and he took off - SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER! I shifted down to fourth and parked just off his rear right side and let him run it out to about 95 or so then we came up traffic again. Now, one thing I must admit is that this has got to be one of the fastest Honda's I've seen in a long time - all kidding aside, it was quick. I'd be willing to bet that he's close to a stock S4. So, we did this dog and pony show a few times then I let him have it and dropped it to third and hit it hard, then shifted to fourth and bye-bye Accord. I must have been ten lengths ahead before I shifted to fifth and just kept going. They finally caught up and the back-seat friends took off their seat belts and turned around and started waving. He flashed his break lights and hopped off the highway. Least he wasn't a dick like the MB driver.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Nice.....
Old 07-02-2002, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default yeah, CLK430 has good HP+torque, but it's heavy as all hell.

Most Benzes are made for cruising not speeding, they are heavy, but damn they feel smooth on the road, you could run over a cat and might not even notice.

Now there are benzes that combine that luxury with speed, SL600 (v12 monster), CL600, these monsters would do damage to any Audi Ego, SL55 AMG, CL55 AMG apply to take on RS6, but then again, the SL and CL are benzes most expensives models, costing about 3x as much as S4