S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

help! price on S4 is too high I think! (more)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2001, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! price on S4 is too high I think! (more)

I'm having Mark Hugret from Cartelligent find me an 6pd S4 w/ prem,cold,bose, and sport. I just got a return email saying the "best" price he could get on the particular color combo I wanted most(Imola w/ Onyx/Silver) was $41,325(1k under MSRP) + $500 to ship it from Nevada to LA. I believe this to be very high since I've seen several on this board getting the same car for about $39-$40k tops. The high price is supposedly because this is the last S4 in the western US in that particular color combo. Should I pay this high premium?

I also have a choice of a Nogaro Blue w/ Onyx/Blue and same options for $40.4k which is a bit more reasonable but still over $500 more than what others seem to be paying..

FYI: these are both 2001 so shouldn't I get a better discount?

I need some input
Old 08-14-2001, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well you can stand your ground...

And watch the car go away.

Lemme put it this way... it doesn't really matter whether you're getting it for $1K off or $2K off (you will NOT get it for $5K off)... what really matters is whether the price they're selling it for is at or less than the maximum you're willing to pay.

I mean really, your ability to get a sweet deal, regardless of what some might say, says absolutely nothing about your ***** size ;-)

I paid MSRP for mine last February. I think the car is probably about the best car you can get for $41K, for what it does.

-B
Old 08-14-2001, 01:57 PM

Default East Coast S4s are cheaper because they are more common

I got my silver/black from a dealer in Jersey. I am waiting to see if they try and resolve an issue I have before recommending them to anyone, but there are a lot of good EC dealers who would likely give you a better price, but shipping is going to eat up a lot of the money you save on the car price.

If you want email me and I will tell you the dealer and the issue I have, otherwise just look for EC dealers.

Spdgeek
Old 08-14-2001, 01:57 PM

Default shop around to other dealers

They will compete on prices and you shouldn't pay more then 39.5k
Old 08-14-2001, 02:00 PM

Default This has nothing to do with ***** size ;)

...I just want the best bang for my buck and if I can negotiate another $500 then that is more money I save with just a little more effort.

The car is worth to me what they are asking and I probably will end up paying it if they won't go down any further because I want the car that badly.
Old 08-14-2001, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You must get a credit for living in Jersey. NY prices of $1k under sticker are common.
Old 08-14-2001, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default WOW is that a bad way to look at it......

"what really matters is whether the price they're selling it for is at or less than the maximum you're willing to pay..."

Your salesman must have gotten a woody when you walked in, with that point of view. Salesmen are trained to 'leave no money on the table'; in other words to make you pay the very most that you possibly will before you walk. I was willing to pay MSRP for mine, but ended up getting it at $2500 under because I don't let dealerships know that!

I agree with SpdGeek; check to see how much it would be to get one from here on the East Coast; they've always been less expensive out here. I think your color preference is going to be your biggest concern though...
Old 08-14-2001, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default seems like a steel of a deal to me.....

when i got mine in dec of 00, i was more than happy to pay sticker! are the prices really going down that much now? mine has everything but cold weather and phone....i paid like 42K.......starting to think i got taken...
Old 08-14-2001, 02:09 PM

Default Re: help! price on S4 is too high I think! (more)

I also talked to Mark. I'm looking for a 6sp silver/onyx with premium and cold.
He is supposed to call me back tonight with a price.

Hope my price is better then what he got you.

Mihai

98 Passat GLX
soon to be:
S4
Old 08-14-2001, 02:12 PM

Default What color? ..where are you located too?

The color seems to be the huge factor..I am basically being forced to pay $900 more for Imola Yellow instead of Nogaro Blue..not to mention the Imola I have to spend an additional $500 just to get it trucked to the same dealer as the blue car.

Quick Reply: help! price on S4 is too high I think! (more)