S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

I am about to buy a Imola S4, but I am getting cold feet...should i do it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am about to buy a Imola S4, but I am getting cold feet...should i do it?

hi, i am new to the forum and i have been looking at this 6-speed Imola S4, but I don't know if I should buy it. I know you guys drive yours all the time...is it worth buying it over a SLK 230 (the other car I am looking at).

Thanks for the help in advance, and if you convince me, I will be your newest member on board the S4 forum.
Old 10-07-2002, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ok, heres my thoughts.....i originally wanted the SLK320....

I wanted an SLK for a long time, mostly for the looks and the hard top.
the S4 is way more practical, 4 doors, 4-wheel drive.
And in my opinion more fun. It has much more options for tuning, but stock of course it is a blast. i dont remember the HP/Torque of the SLK but an S4 has much much more power than a SLK230. Dont get my wrong the 230 is a beautiful car, but it doesnt have any oomph to back up those looks. I would rather have a car like the S4 which has understated looks and lots of power, than a car like the SLK230 which has showy looks and lacks power. Just My opinion. Both are nice cars, and im sure you will enjoy either one.
Old 10-07-2002, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default of course you should!!! but...

if this car is your daily driver/only car then there really is no option. I almost sold my car for an SLK32 AMG (at least this one is fast like the S) but then I realized I wouldn't ever have back seats. What would my dog say?

If you have a second car already, then you should consider what you want more - speed and power or smooth hard top convertable. If you were looking at the AMG slk I would say this would be a tougher decision but I think the S will much more fun for you - I guess you should also consider things like the climate of the area you live in and stuff. Do you ever have to drive this car on snow? rain? hale?

I think you'll find the S to be a great car with an even greater community. Good luck either way
Old 10-07-2002, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default oh jesus you said 230? forget it - get the S4!!!!

I figured you were thinking of the 320 - the 230 well like Stealth4 put - is just underpowered and lacks anything to back up its showy looks. The S might not be as showy but you'll blow the doors of that 230
Old 10-07-2002, 07:15 PM
Elder Member

Default ok, let me be the first to say that....

you will get a lot of views and replies, b/c most here are boys and not girls...hahaha...anyway, S4 has a lot more substance IMO(i won't insult your intelligence by listing it all out as i'm sureyou've done some research), but it can be finicky....SLK will turn more heads. 2 totally different beasts...go drive both and see! you know what everyone's opinion here is gonna be.
Old 10-07-2002, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default oh yes and girls in S4's are so much more sexier. it adds 2 pts on the 10 pt scale :)

but im sure your already a 10

ooo im going to get flamed
Old 10-07-2002, 07:17 PM

Take a shower and go get the S4.
Old 10-07-2002, 07:17 PM

new used mods? imola IS the fastest color (santorin is most luxurious however)
Old 10-07-2002, 07:23 PM

Default I will side with Stealth4 and K04Madness........

I did almost hop into the driverseat of a SLK AMG (yellow BTW) and Look what I ended up with still smiling to this day also look at how many modifications you can make with the S. Plus the 4 door thing with my daughter is a +
<big> Go with the S4 </big>
Old 10-07-2002, 07:25 PM

Default you aren't making it easy for me....

i test drove both cars and i must admit that the SLK is super slow. but i got a lot of looks.. actually someone almost got into an accident checking out the SLK. then i went to test drive the audi and WOW. the handling, speed, the way it just hugged the corners.. that's all i have to say WOW.. I love the speed yet i love the SLK's sleek and sexiness...

so what it boils down to is do ya'll LOVE your cars.. or just like it.. by the way it is stock not mods... YET...

Quick Reply: I am about to buy a Imola S4, but I am getting cold feet...should i do it?