S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

my roommate and his passenger got a nice demo of fly-by..by my S w/ its beautiful xenons..

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my roommate and his passenger got a nice demo of fly-by..by my S w/ its beautiful xenons..

So, my roommate and his friend was in his Saab convertible, and my gf and I were in my S. We were traveling down the road in the middle of NO WHERE. However, it was still 1 lane and 2 ways.

As I was traveling ahead of my roommate's saab @ about 60mph, he got restless behind me, and did a fly-by on me. I quickly downshift to 4th (from 5th) and followed him. By the time I was downshifting, he pulled a good distance between us already, and was pulling away. (he came from about 5-10 car lengths behind and speed up to pass me) He kept pulling, but I was pulling hard, too.

So, he thought he got me shook and felt safe to stay ahead and be the winner. He felt safe because he checked his rear view mirror after he flew by and was ahead. Only a couple second later, as he was laughing with his friend in the car for his great fly-by, he then checked his rear view mirror again. That was only a couple seconds later, but this time, I was no where to be found on his mirror. He thought he got me shook real bad this time. Before he could turn his head, his friend had his jaw dropped and eyes popped and just witnessed the S-power fly-by. LOL

he was traveling @ about 90mph, and I caught up and flew by @ clost to 130mph. It was in the dark night with my beautiful xenons and tail lights. The rest, u can picture it.

So, of course, they loved it. I would even pay to just be in his car and see how my S did that fly-by. hehehehe
Old 02-18-2002, 08:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hehe.
Old 02-18-2002, 09:00 PM

Default well, next time I'll be in the saab to enjoy and witness the mid-night xenon fly by..

however, i do not trust my roommate to drive in that manner. I will probably have my S in junkyard after that fly by. LOL

his driving skill is questionable (manual) for he drove my S w/ hand brakes 2/3 way up for like 2 miles and not notice it. GEE...

worry for my S!!!
Old 02-18-2002, 09:01 PM

Default Fly-by's are cool when your with your buddies

But they're even cooler when they're not! I got tailgated a week ago by a 5-series (probably a 528 or 530 - couldn't tell since it was at night). It sat on my *** on an empty freeway (105W at 11pm) at 90mph for a couple of miles. Then, I saw it swing into the #2 lane and pace me for a few more seconds. I was a bit tired and didn't feel like playing so I was just gonna let it pass me. However, this jerk just kept staring at me and downshifted to 4th in order to pass me... while he could have easily done it in 5th - guess he was just trying to **** me off. So, I woke up from my lazy mood and decided to play with him a bit. By the time I hit 130-135, he was a mere speck in my rearview. I decided to slow down to 65 to let him pass again and see the look on his face... however, he was probably embarrassed and paced me at 65 for the rest of my trip (about 7 miles) 1/8 mile behind me. I usually don't condone street racing and think it's a bit juvenile to be going in excess of 100mph with another car, but exceptions have to be made sometime. I have to admit it was a whole lot of fun, though!
Old 02-18-2002, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hehe.