S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Official "Good tuner experience" post.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official "Good tuner experience" post.

Since we've had some bad experiences and all posted about them, how about posting about a tuner who actually "went above and beyond" what you'd expect from someone who had your money.

Here are my experiences:

Avalon motorsports: When Zev was having supplier problems with the ASP group buy, he went out of his normal supplier channels to offer me alternative DP's delivered immediately. I opted to wait a couple days and he ironed out the supplier difficulty and got me my ASP's.

ECS Tuning: Are currently going out of their way helping me alleviate a brake vibration problem probably due to a pad/rotor/caliper compatibility problem by sending me new rotors and different pads. AND paying for the return shipping of the old parts.

AWE tuning has always been dead on ***** reliable. When they say something will be available in X number of weeks it is. You can mark that day on the calendar and it will be there before that date. They never really went "above the call" in any one circumstance, but their consistency and fine business practice is worth acknowledging.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:15 AM

concur: awe,avalonmts,spp, really good stuff
Old 07-16-2004, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Have had AWESOME experiences

with Avalon, DSR, and SPP.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:19 AM
Rest In Peace

Default I bought a chipped ECU through one of AWE's distributors...

but it was right when version 8 was under development, so I had the horrible hiccup problem. Rather than make me go through the distributor, AWE spoke to me on the phone several times (both Mike and Todd) to take notes of the problem and to send me different versions to try. They sent numerous PROMs to me at no charge (not even shipping) with instructions on how to plug them in. We did this for several weeks, and although I was irritated that the programming wasn't working properly, I was very happy with their attention to the problem. Once we landed on an acceptable version, I kept it and that was that. No extra money out of my pocket, and I wasn't even their customer directly. Yet they took care of my issue as if I had always gone through them. They won me over with that kind of service.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i have to give props to SPP , and Zev

Eric is beyond helpfull there, and they have the best prices and know how to sell (spp is where is at right now imo.)they turn more inventory than anyone else i bet.
zev is really good too , helping me out on my H&R spring deal.. he's been responding and he's proactive about what's going on on this board, i like that.
ecs also has good prices and are helpfull .
Old 07-16-2004, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Default My experiences

AWE - Bought coilovers, brake pads, TBB, Boost Gauge, and RS4 Grill. Everything was smooth as butter. Installed C/O there and did another service/inspection. They have nice toys to play with at their new shop.

Avalon - Purchased now smashed up Euros when there was a Group Buy. Smooth and wonderful transaction.

Achtuning - Originally purchased the RS4 fuzzy **** and my first RS4 grill from Josh in the pre-Achtuning days. Purchased wheels recently. Also bought one of his hats. Everything was on time and I was quite pleased. Well, the hat is a little big on me....

Stratmosphere - Purchased short shifter. Originally ordered UUC but they ran out of stock. Pete & Bob "upgraded" me to the Tanoga at no extra cost. Nice transaction.

I feel like I'm leaving eBay ratings here.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Oh yeah, and Luke @ Tirerack rocks!
Old 07-16-2004, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Good experience with PES back in fall of 2000 getting my Chip and TipChip.........

as well as Ed at Induktion.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Agree, Agree!

AWE, what can you say? Great service and support. Still can't believe they let me send back used (two weeks) shocks/springs for C/O's. I only know them through their top notched service. Also stepped up big when their DTS's had a bad trans mount. Went to great lengths to notify us and correct the issue. (C/O's, DTS, Tanoga)

ECS, one of the best websites out there! Some issues here and there, but they were taken care of. Especially quick turn-around on the rear pads that evaporated....Great for us DIY'ers. (ECS two piece Rotors, Hawk pads, control arms, tie rods, air and cabin filters, rear cadmium rotors, RS4 shift ****, Fuel filter, misc. parts!) Timing belt kit next month!

Avalon...I met Zev at Denver last year. Great guy, really cares about the customers and our cars. Searched high and low to find me a measly $25 dollar part. I need to get him more business, as he has been great. Plus I trust he is taking care of my old go kart!! (ecu box) soon to be suspension? K04's? depends on weather I keep the B5 S4, or opt for a new B6 S4.

Honorable mention. Clair parts has also been good for the bits and pieces I need here an there.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:36 AM

Default ECS, Hartmann Wheels, and SPP all great experiences!

Excellent customer service and honest people! I will definately be return customers for all of them.

Quick Reply: Official "Good tuner experience" post.