S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

This past weekend in Vegas at the NASA event was so FUN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This past weekend in Vegas at the NASA event was so FUN!!!

damn I thought I would never go to vegas to do something other than the usual but for the first time I went to actually race! This was my first NASA event and it was sooo much fun. Xricer & bro, PorkiBear, Integrate, Mike, Eric, and myself had a blast on the track at Vegas International Speedway. I must admit it's quite a different feeling from streetracing, 1/4mile drags and canyon runs and damnit I think I'm addicted..... I can't wait for the next event now!!!!
Old 01-28-2002, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm still going over the track in my head...pretty crazy.

I'm addicted also, but I think I need to get new pads or rotors. I feel a little bad ripping on my stock brakes.

Mike and I are still considering whether to go to the Fontana event. I think it would be fun, but I think my brakes would be shot after two events of hard driving.

Also surprised I didn't scratch up the whole side of my car when I went two wheels off the track at the end of turn 2. I spit up a whole bunch of gravel, and the only thing that was scratched up was the sidewall of my tires. rims weren't touched.

You guys must have had a *great* time getting home. It was pouring rain and foggy on the way downhill. What'd you think of the track, btw?
Old 01-28-2002, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default LOL I was dreaming of being on the track!!!!

Man I woke up because I thought I was about to lose it on turn 7 hahahaha and that damn late apex on turn 2 almost always freaked me out!!

Cool that your car came out fine, my brakes felt weird when we were on our way home but just got back to normal by the time I got home last night. The drive back really really sucked but we made back okay and it took us long enough!!
Old 01-28-2002, 09:43 PM

Default turn 7, blah blah blah..you wuss :) J/K! I almost got run off the road on that turn by the Vette...

freakin crazy women drivers, ahahha.

But man, my pads feel like they're toasted. Definitely time for some new ones. I was pretty scared coming back in that heavy rain and fog after the event...great timing. But, I'm glad everyone made it back OK. I hope Dennis's car turns out fine.

Alex..just duct tape your whole car next time, ahhaha