S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

perhaps dumb question (STFA)..AutoWarrenty brokers...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default perhaps dumb question (STFA)..AutoWarrenty brokers...

called 'em up (stock S4 - except APR exhaust and MTM suspension...always running stock Avus)

wanted to be totally upfront w/them, the rep said "as long as the exhaust/suspension meet "manufact. standards" you're fine....

should i get my dealer to write a note or something? - that my setup meets "OEM standards"

(just afraid i'll buy the warranty and get denied if turbos blow) - - am i being too paranoid?

thanks for any input
-adam
Old 05-19-2005, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default No you're not being paranoid. I haven't looked to closely at AWB's (m)

recent contract terms, but I bet they're similar to the ones I had, before cancelling with them. The APR exhaust and MTM suspension qualify you for service denial, the question becomes if they'd take a dealerships statement. The contract I had stated the parts had to be 'not approved by the manufacturer.' Is the dealership the same as the manufacturer? I point this out because they didn't pay for a claim when a spring inside my door broke. They said it was because it was a 'Body & Trim' piece, but the rep at the Audi dealership I had the car at never said it was a body & trim piece. I made this point to AWB and their response was that was how they referenced the part, so in their opinion it was a body & trim piece, which isn't covered by the contract.

You've got to figure it this way, once they have your money for the policy there is zero incentive for them to pay a claim or make you happy with a 'goodwill gesture.'

Your approach may work, then again it may not. I'd say just be prepared if they decide to be jerks down the road.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks! great points - - helps a lot... worst part of all of this would be...

having to lose a sweet MTM suspension setup and an exhaust I love to get warranty coverage