S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

S4 internal foglight connector

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S4 internal foglight connector

I'm in the process of adding foglights to an '01 Canadian S4. I've added all the external pieces (including locating the external connectors for the lights). However, when I remove the radio to gain access to the internal switch connector, I'm not sure which taped bundle contains the connector I'm looking for. I assume it would be part of the bundle that contains the connectors for the cup holder, hazard, ESP and rear foglights, but if the connector is similar in size to the connectors for ESP and rear fogs, I would think it should be fairly easy to spot... and yet I don't see a taped 'lump' that looks like it might be the connector. Does anyone have any pointers before I start exploratory surgery on the bundles?
Old 09-02-2009, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've gone through all of the posts here again (that I can find) related to foglights, and they seem to be a bit contradictory. Some threads tend suggest that the wiring and connector are both present, while others imply the wires are there but the connector is not. Can anyone tell me if the connector is actually present, or just the wiring? I assume at least the wiring is present since the harness and connectors for the lights are present. Of course, using that logic, I would think that the connector for the switch is present also, but again, I don't see anything taped up that looks like it would be that big.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I would suspect that they connectors were neglected. The complete wiring diagrams are available here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=05U4RWI9

Hope this helps you determine if the correct wires are there.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the diagrams. I'll let you know what I find.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

There is no fog light wiring in the dash for Canadian S4s.

The only fog light wiring is from the fog lights to the kick panels on the floor.

You need to add your own wiring from the kick panels to the switch and to the fog light control module behind the dash.