S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

S4 Speeding Tickets Poll (and semi long close call story)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2000, 11:14 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S4 Speeding Tickets Poll (and semi long close call story)

Just got off from a ticket this weekend in WA -- 51 in a 35. The first time I've ever been pulled over for speeding in my life, many close calls... Tagged w/ instant on (doh) coming over a hill, no traffic in front of me, V1 had no chance, just a ZAP. Got lucky though, the silver factor? Probably more the girl factor...

Somewhat ironic, I'd been driving all night from Portland, and was 3 mins away from where I was staying, and wasn't trying to speed, as I had been previously, just doing the obligatory S4 speed limit +. "Did you know you were doing 51?" I feign shock/disbelief. "Is this your car?" (Uh, no it's stolen "Do you live here?" "No, I'm trying to find this house, etc" Thankfully, had the directions to the house in my lap, and gave the officer this confused/lost/flustered thing. He asked about my driving record, "it's clean" I whimpered... he went back and checked... "That's a $100 ticket you know, keep it down." WHEW! Good thing he didn't see my V1 (to the right of my rear view) or my (actually Donnie's) racing helmet in the trunk (for lapping at Bremerton).

So the question: what color are you, what speed(s) were you going, in what speed zone(s), ticket(s)/no ticket(s), and your color? I'm betting the imola/laser/nogaro's don't have this luck compared to silver/santorin/hibiscus/cactus/pearl... ?

leslie '00 Silver/Onyx/APR/K&N/UUC short shifter/ *still* clean record
Old 05-21-2000, 11:28 PM

Default $100?!?! That's it? I need to move out there! That would've cost about $200+ here in Philly.

<p>Peter Y. Lee
Philadelphia, PA
96 M3 Lux (an S4 aficianado)
Remus exhaust, Brembo OE
slotteds, stainless steel lines,
JimC software & intake, H&R
w/ Bilstein, Hamann HM2 18"s,
S-02's, ERT underdrive pulley,
Ron Stygar SS, Racing Dynamics
su
Old 05-21-2000, 11:32 PM

Default INTENSE close call

NO BS,

I was doing close to 110 in a 65 mph on the 101 freeway in CA at about 3am. I was really tired and a little bit drunk from the party i had just attended. Anyhow a trooper pulls me over and questions me about why i was going so fast where id' been and if i drank. I was totally honest with the cop and said that i had a few drinks and was trying to get home to get some sleep....and that i did'nt realize i was going that fast. He looked at me and gave me a stern warning. "SLOW DOWN" he said and he took off!!

Now the reason he took off was because when i had pulled off the freeway, there was another trooper on the other side of the street with both officers standing outside and their hands near their holsters. I guess the other car was stolen or had drugs in it or something......

Anyways i learned my lesson REAL good. NEVER to drive when drunk!!!!<p>-Cheng Kwan
Silver.Onyx
Stage1 mtm
Vm1 uuc
Old 05-21-2000, 11:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default why does everyone always forget about brilliant black?!? geez...we are the TRUE stealth color...

<p>Adam
'00 Brilliant Black S4 6sp
Old 05-22-2000, 03:47 AM

Default Good idea, I favor lifetime revocation of license for 1st drunk offense.

LONG Prison term for second offense.<p>Jim De Arras

<a href="http://www.imola.org">2000 00 Imola/Onyx/Alcantera S4</a>
MTM Stage III on order
MTM Suspension on order
Old 05-22-2000, 03:50 AM

Default How about this one... 210kph in a 100 mph (130mph in a 62mph)

This was my absolute first time at this speed - I just wanted to see if Audi had actually set my limiter properly

I had whipped from Ottawa to Montreal cruising slightly faster than normal between 140kph - 180 kph (87mph - 110mph) - I didn't see any police the whole way.

Ten minutes later I had to make the same (1.5 hour) trip back again. I finally see a cop and think that this will be the only cop for the trip. Five miles later I decide to open this baby up and see what she can do (for the first time ever).

There's a small patch of cars waaayyy up ahead - I depress the right pedal - hard.

She rockets up to 210 with plenty left over. It's amazing how fast the ground flows under you - my A4 2.8 feels the same as if I'm going 140 - even with the spring frost heaves.

Suddenly one of the cars in the group ahead pulls into the once clear left lane - I climb on my binders hard and long. It takes a hell of a long time to slow these heavy beasts down - I finally experienced the brake fade that so many talk about.

I nestle in behind this Mazda 323 doing about 120kph (standard cruising speed around here). Literally two seconds later we pass a concealed lane with a cop in it!!!! - If you had counted back to 20, I would still be doing 210kph!!!! I can't imagine what that cop would have done to me!!!!

THANK YOU MAZDA 323!!!! My detector didn't go off - he was obviously just firing at the fast ones that he noticed. I never want to cut it this close again.

Gordon Martin
98.5 2.8QMS (Santorin Blue)

P.S. - I don't recommend that speed - too much ground gets covered too fast - there is no time to react to sudden surprises.....
Old 05-22-2000, 03:58 AM

I'm betting my '01 Bogey White will rival Pearl in the Stealth department.
Old 05-22-2000, 04:01 AM

Typo: 210kph in a 100 kph
Old 05-22-2000, 04:18 AM

Default That's a bit harsh...but would be one hell of a deterrent....

<p>-Cheng Kwan
Silver.Onyx
Stage1 mtm
Vm1 uuc
Old 05-22-2000, 04:24 AM

Default It takes quite a while to slow any car down when going over 110mph...

except for...porsche.

Long live porsche! =)<p>-Cheng Kwan
Silver.Onyx
Stage1 mtm
Vm1 uuc

Quick Reply: S4 Speeding Tickets Poll (and semi long close call story)