S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

S4 Wannabe

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2000, 06:22 AM
anon

Default S4 Wannabe

I feel like the only talented C++/Java developer who has *NOT* yet been able to cash in on this internet boom. Some stocks, but not enough to whet a cat's ***.

On the other hand, I *AM* richer than, say, about 90% of the world's population, so I don't expect anybody to cry for me because I can't afford a $40k car.

Here's wishing the market crashes. I'm tired of being left out of the neuvo-rich fancy pants internet startup starbucks mochacchino crowd.

-A
Old 02-21-2000, 06:38 AM
Jim De Arras

Since October, I have held that we will see the 8000s by Feb/March
Old 02-21-2000, 07:00 AM
josh

i never go to starbucks.
Old 02-21-2000, 07:31 AM
George

Default Re: S4 Wannabe

Eh, the stock market only affects those people silly enough to think that they're rich because of virtual net worth that exists as a result of overinflated stock prices.

Amazingly enough, its better to make a profit!

Seriously though, if I had been able to "cash in" on the Internet boom instead of getting screwed over and over again, I wouldn't be sitting here waiting for my S4 (one more day!!!!), I'd be waiting for my Ferrari.

S4 is a real nice don't-need-to-cash-in-stock-options-to-buy kind of car. I think it tells people that you're someone who works hard and appreciates quality, whereas cars much more than that scream "I got lucky".

That's my two cents, from someone who's hoping his next car will be in the "I got lucky" class

Just think, when the market crashes then all those expensive cars are gonna have to be sold by the now bankrupt 20-something's. And those of us with real jobs can buy 'em for cheap!
Old 02-21-2000, 07:39 AM
Russ Burns

The stock market has been crashing for 70 years, think we would use to it by now.
Old 02-21-2000, 08:44 AM
Brett G

Default Not all of us 20-something's used stock options.

Although I agree with your point on unrealized capital gains, I'm paying for mine with hard work.

I too wouldn't mind having a "I got lucky" car.
Old 02-21-2000, 10:55 AM
Optimist of Pessimist?

Nasdaq or Dow?
Old 02-21-2000, 01:13 PM
Rich R.

Default Re: S4 Wannabe

What's a "mochacchino" ??
Old 02-21-2000, 01:16 PM
Rich R.

I thought "I got lucky" was when the wife said "yes"...
Old 02-21-2000, 01:30 PM
Seattle S4

It is a cross between a "Mocha Latte" and a "Cappucinno"

Quick Reply: S4 Wannabe