S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

So how many of you whip out a flare for a good looking woman? :) (long)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2001, 08:44 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So how many of you whip out a flare for a good looking woman? :) (long)

Headed home on the windy backroads. Taking it easy (55 in a 50 zone) since I stopped at Crapie's Jr. and have the massive "It's a Size Thing" in my lap. Come upon the only passing zone on the 9 miles between my house and the freeway. One car in front, another behind. 73 deg. The straight was empty. Thought about it for a sec and Nah. Then the Celica behind me decides to pass. (I think he actually started to before I thought about it, but has no hp) So the Celica passes the car in front of me and then WHIPS back to our lane with hard braking. F-ing A**hole! I see in the lights a big Doe dead in the middle of the road. OH. We have no shoulders on this road BTW. The Celica nicks the Doe, and just keeps going, along with the car in front of me. I see a Mustang on the side of the road. I immediately pop my hazards on and pull over when I could with the ground clearance I have. Wedge my soda up against the passenger door with the movies I just rented. Pop the trunk and whip out the flare I always have sitting right next to Jack/triangle (more in the Rubbermaid thing with all the car detail stuff). Slam the trunk and strike the bad boy up. At this time cars were coming both ways heading toward the Doe. It is amazing, and good, at how quick both rows of cars came to a stop when that thing lit up in my hand. Even though they could not see the Doe yet. It's totally dark and things just glow red. Cool. So I jog back the 50 yards to the doe. A truck had stopped in front of it lighting it up. It's on it's side, folded, with the two front legs tweeked. Put down the flare. Nudge the deer with my shoe, hoping it doesn't jerk and lunge at me. Tongue is hanging out, and no movement. So I reach down and grab a front hoof, then a back hoof that is in front of the face. Drag the beast off the road. The truck waits for me. So I grab the flare from the middle of the road and put it on the edge of the road, away from weeds. Wave thanks to the truck driver. Then I head back to the Mustang. It's an older one in excellent condition. She was not there when I drove up, but was near the trunk now. (helloooo) Could see the drivers fender and hood tweaked. She kindof stares at me. Looks cute. 5'4" maybe. Dirty blond. Cute shape. The flashers from my car blinking in her eyes. (damn are those things brite) Maybe a college sophmore. (a little young, but hey, legal) I ask her if she is okay. She is shaking. She says she just called her parents from a house nearby. About to strike up a conversation with her, (thinking of staying around until they show) when some friends of hers happen to drive by. Doh! I guess this is my time to leave. So I head back to my car, wipe off my hands, get in and take off. Bummer. My second chance at being a good samaritan to a cute one. And I get burned. Oh well, I did my good deed for the day. *sigh*
Old 09-20-2001, 08:48 PM

thatstoobadman.youmighthavebeenabletogether.either wayyouareagoodsamaritan.
Old 09-20-2001, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Awwwww, that's soooo sweet Bryce!!! :-P

Naw, for real tho', that's some cool *** **** you did! Madd props from MoB!!!
Old 09-20-2001, 09:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default No good deed goes unpunished :)

I was driving back home tonight from a friend's place, when a girl in some cheap-o car is on my bumper for a mile or so. The road finaly becomes two lanes, and I let her pass me and go on my merry way. Go for another mile, and I see something moving in my headlights in between the two lanes. It turns out to be a squirel with its back section flatened and it's front paws moving rapidly, as if it was still running. The poor thing was twisted in half so that it's paws were just clawing the air and had no chance to make contact with anything. Fortunately I don't think it lived much longer after that.

Moral of this story: Speed kills. Be careful out there.
Old 09-20-2001, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Building up your car karma is a good thing - you'll get rewarded

maybe that shopping cart will just miss your car or the curb won't jump out at your rims/bumper. But you will be rewarded.

Also, it's bound to work out one time

Nice lookin' car by the way
Old 09-20-2001, 09:22 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default PS, you just made me realize that the triangle is not on the trunk lid like the sedan

I even saw it on the right side of the trunk, but didn't realize that's what it was. Also noticed the jack there - too bad no toolbox.

Why is it that us "practical" Avant owners get jipped on such things as toolboxes and full size spares?
Old 09-20-2001, 09:27 PM

Forgot to congratulate you on your new imola... welcome =)
Old 09-20-2001, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Thanks
Old 09-20-2001, 09:49 PM
Elder Member

Yes, I believe that what goes around comes around.
Old 09-20-2001, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default What?? You didn't wow her with your M4d rOwInG sKiLlz??

Oh, that's right. You gotta tip.

But hey, at least, when the oppurtunities arise, you won't be busy shifting. hehe.

Quick Reply: So how many of you whip out a flare for a good looking woman? :) (long)