S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

wow just realized that my car was subject down the page a little....let me set the record straight

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2001, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow just realized that my car was subject down the page a little....let me set the record straight

i had the APR chip in my '00 A4 1.8T and was pretty happy with it. I was Pro APR all the way, and I still believe that they make a good product.

When i got the S4, I was going to go MTM stage 3 (w/ thier downpipes and stuff), but called up APR also. They told me about the stage 2+ and how it is equal to if not better than the MTM set up. Then I called AMS/Abt, but at the time they didn't have anything available for the 2001 M box. My goal was to get everything done before i got my plates, so the race was on. I decided to go APR because their set up was much cheaper than the MTM. I had everything installed, the down pipes (1st generation w/o the flex joints) and the chip and the mtm cat back...i thought the car was pretty fast, but i raced my friend's E36 M3 (which was bone stock) and we were DEAD EVEN. that's when the first red flag came up in my head.....then i got in contact with blown s4, and he kicked my *** REAL bad...and he just had the Abt chip and scorpion exhaust...i thought it might be driver so we switched cars..i was apalled at how fast his car was...that is when blown s4 helped me talk AMS into using my car as the proto tyope for the M box.

so....when i got to AMS, just for kicks, we decided to try to run marc's a6 that was bone stock except for the abt chip....again, S4 got tossed badly....then EVERYTHING came off the car, back to bone stock except for the cat back exhaust...(they wanted to start with a base line so they could be sure that there was nothing wrong with the car itself, and there wasn't)

with just the AMS/Abt chip and the cat back, the car was faster than slippery ****! needless to say, i was very pleased. (was able to sell the downpipes at 1/2 of what i paid, so i lost a considerable amount of $) but i was just happy that the car was running strong. then the waste gate actuator went bad on one of the turbos, so since the engine had to be pulled, i figured that i might as well go ***** out...that's when all the RS4 stiff went in with the K04s...the rest is history...

now the car is running on a program that took about 10 minutes to do, and i am waiting for the correct fuel pressure regulator thingy to come in. at that time, the car will be fine tuned and made to run 100% of what it can...hard to believe that the car will be even faster....

needless to say, i am EXTREMELY pleased with how the car turned out...

again, i DO NOT represent AMS/Abt, i am just a REALLY satisfied customer..and i have had expierence with other tuners...so take it as it is. i am also not slamming anyone at all..i do realize that there are a lot of fast APR cars out there....it just didn't seem to work for my car...

see ya all out on the streets
Old 10-11-2001, 09:30 PM

Bro, I feel ya.....I have the Abt chip as well with no exhaust (waiting on my Milltek) and I love it
Old 10-11-2001, 09:32 PM

Default Is this a proven fact just by you driving or others driving ...use a Gtech meter or any other

measuring source?
Old 10-11-2001, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default sorry if i used your name a few times rob but just wanted to get the truth out. more

but their chip is fast, and MIGHT be one of the fastest chips out there on the market.
Old 10-11-2001, 09:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default didn't use g-tech or anything...but i believe what we did ran a pretty reliable comparison basis

do you wanna know how much i beat my friend's E36 m3 by now? =)
Old 10-11-2001, 09:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default all good...competition keeps our capitalistic society running

and keeps everyone honest! i wouldn't want it any other way
Old 10-11-2001, 10:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Was your car in for service anytime with the APR or ABT chips?

I don't see how just a chip could cause that much of a noticeable power between the two. Seems like your car was really f*ck'd when you had APR.
Old 10-11-2001, 10:03 PM

Default I agree with you X-Ricer & Cyan but the matter of the fact is...

...there are no ABT time slips.

If you want to get the word out about ABT, "we" need to show everyone a timeslip.

It's as simple as that.

Me? I'm planning on getting a timeslip in about two weeks, just ABT/AMS ECU upgrade and a catback exhaust on 93 gas. We'll see what happens.
Old 10-11-2001, 10:03 PM

so are you saying you prefer the ABT chip over others..like the GIAC?
Old 10-11-2001, 10:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

never had expierence w/ the GIAC...so can' t say....

Quick Reply: wow just realized that my car was subject down the page a little....let me set the record straight