S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

X-Chipped T-Box for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-Chipped T-Box for sale

Wrecked my S4 and have no need for it anymore. $900 obo. Includes free lifetime upgrades from awe-tuning.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:14 AM

Default Why? Have you tried the X-Chip...it is unbelievable!

If you don't trust me call awe-tuning and have them send you a x-chip to try out...they have a free trial and don't charge your card unless you decide to buy it at the end of the trial. In your case if you like the chip you could send it back and then buy mine I'm willing to deal on this bad boy too.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:17 AM

Default Here's why I purchased the X-Chip...

Why GIAC?

1. GIAC has the most experience of any US tuner reprogramming Bosch Motronic. GIAC reprograms Audi/VW/Porsche/BMW/Mercedes/Fiat/Citroen destined for both US and German markets.

2. GIAC only writes ECU software and does not lose R&D time on developing exhausts, suspension, turbo kits, air filters, etc.

3. GIAC takes a base program from a new ECU (starting in their computer lab, using five dedicated networked computers) and completely disassembles out important functions using extremely complex engineering software. This is the same software used for the development of these ECUs by the manufacturer. When needed, GIAC emulates in real time with a professional engineering emulator, which allows 6 bit triggering and the ability to capture virtually any event while they run an ECU on a workbench.

4. GIAC then takes that source code and loads it into GIAC proprietary software "SHW version 8.02", where they can correctly modify any settings in the ECU. This makes GIAC different because they do not use commercial chip modifying software which can radically limit the tuning freedom needed to make a factory quality program. With a factory quality product, you will get silky smooth performance with stable power. GIAC can rewrite the code in SHW to modify anything.

5. GIAC designs and engineers in house all of their own printed circuit boards for encryption using advanced CAD software. They also write all of their own programs for encryption. This allows GIAC to get product to market much faster for a large variety of cars.

6. The GIAC 01s and 05s programs for the 2.7 S4/A6 have been extremely reliable and make real dyno power that has been independently tested by numerous parties. On the track, 01s and 05s hold a STABLE 1-1.1 bar, which is less boost than what most tuners are using to make the same or less power than GIAC does.

7. GIAC has a network of EXTREMELY experienced dealers who constantly test and compare their software. Being independent companies that rely on GIAC products being the best, they provide educated and objective feedback which GIAC aggressively uses to provide new software to their customers. All of the GIAC install centers either have an in-house dyno or have immediate access to one, which gives them the freedom to honestly test the GIAC software. GIAC dyno results, coming from all over the world are definitely more credible than dyno data coming from an in house dyno or spreadsheet plots.

8. GIAC's close ties with Bosch Gmbh ensures that their chips are state of the art. Why consider anything else?

BTW...I have had absolutely no problems with my chip...it has been smooth and extremely powerful since day 1.

Jonah
Old 10-03-2002, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

do you buy a lot of informercial items?
Old 10-03-2002, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I would still choose ABT or MTM over GIAC
Old 10-03-2002, 10:56 AM

Y? Have you owned them both?
Old 10-03-2002, 10:56 AM

That's a stupid remark...experience is the key here.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:17 AM

Default Hey...I don't flame anyone, unless they flame me for no reason.

I was just trying to give you some info with posting that script from awe-tuning. I know exactly why you feel the way you do too...it took me forever to decide on a chip. I too was afraid of the X-Chip because of all the things I read about it on here...blowing turbos...stuttering at WOT and so forth. I wouldn't hesitate to guess that the X-Chip get's the most complaints though because it is probably one of the more popular chips out there...thus you hear a lot about it. I never had any revisions done to the chip I received. Like I mentioned...it's run great since day 1. I did tear a TBB but nothing major. I've had the chip on the car since about 3,000 miles for 22,000 miles. I don't worry about cooling down the car or even waiting for the oil to warm up either. I just drive...and I'm a fairly aggressive driver. No strange sounds have ever come from my turbos, engine, tranny...anything. I did get an error code for a leaking exhaust...but that's 'bout it. Anywhos...I know the decision is up to you and I know MTM and ABT are also great chips. Good luck in your search for a chip. I personally would go with ABT (my 2nd choice)...those infomercials can really sway ya

Best REgards

Jonah
Old 10-03-2002, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default any more stupid than believing everything you see in print?

do you beleive all the dynos you see that are nice smooth lined ones? I'm just trying to make a point....I would assume you you've tried chips and did some research....but newbies, people would would even dare ask "which chip is best" are influenced a lot by what people here, who they trust, say. So just copying a few lines from a distributor's site isn't giving them the whole story. I think peronal feedback is a better way to give htem info, along with the info you posted. You can get some lines about the software development and marketing on APR's site and all the others as well.

I purchase things for my own reasons...reasons I like them and why I want them based on experience of me and people I trust.....not what the vendor tells me about them. Not to say I don't consider things the vendor tells me...but it's about more than that. That's all I'm saying. Sorry if it came across as a flame...it was more of a joke.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

LOL

Quick Reply: X-Chipped T-Box for sale