S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2013 S6 TSB 19J1 - after effects? My car is quieter now...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ///M Traitor
Well gents, my car is "loud" again. Like a switch was thrown, I have engine noise again. Who knows....

Gotta love technology.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chrome4174
Here is my opinion. When I want to go stealth and when my kids are in the car I leave it in D. When I want to unleash the beast I put it in S.

In D mode, its tame and elegant but still has the exhaust note of that says I am an S6.

In S mode, it roars from the get go and lets everyone know big dawg is coming through. The exhaust note makes you look around and giggle like a kid cause it sounds that good.
I ran Stasis exhaust for years on my S4. Loved the sound! They will have (don't quote me) an exhaust for our cars by year end. I'm waiting ( 20hp gain +-).
Old 08-26-2013, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bobs43
I ran Stasis exhaust for years on my S4. Loved the sound! They will have (don't quote me) an exhaust for our cars by year end. I'm waiting ( 20hp gain +-).
I broke down and ordered the AWE Sport Touring exhaust last week. I should have it sometime this week or next :-)

Awe was able to gain 18hp at the peak, and 27hp at the max "gain". Sounds pretty awesome too! I just hope it's not too loud when I don't want it to be :-)

Old 08-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I took my car in this morning for the 19J1 "recall update" and they had performed 2 recalls when I got my car back:

Campaign 19J1 - SVM Update. Replace Thermostat Housing, Radiator protector, Vacuum line/hose/clips, Tie Wraps, Cool add.

Campaign 48K8 - Power Steering Module SVM Update

Initial thoughts from driving home:
1)Comfort (C) and dynamic (D) mode downshifts are no longer jerky...perfectly smooth. However Dynamic-Sport (D>S) is MUCH more jerky than previously during the downshift. D>S is the mode I like to drive in so I hope this resolves itself as the computer adapts.
2) Car is most definitely more quiet
3) I feel like the steering is much softer...almost disconnected

Last edited by blow352; 08-26-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had 48K8 done 2 days ago. Don't feel any difference.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by blow352
Initial thoughts from driving home:
1)Comfort (C) and dynamic (D) mode downshifts are no longer jerky...perfectly smooth. However Dynamic-Sport (D>S) is MUCH more jerky than previously during the downshift. D>S is the mode I like to drive in so I hope this resolves itself as the computer adapts.
2) Car is most definitely more quiet
Well, regarding the transmission, pulling the shifter down when in D to engage Sport mode is the same as selecting Dynamic mode in the MMI as far as the trans goes. It states this much in the manual IIRC.

As for the car being quieter, it's a trip isn't it? I couldn't believe all that wonderful "noise" was and is artificially created. It's amazing. It will come back, don't worry :-) I'm getting the AWE exhaust for just a little bit more muscle out the back.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have the AWE exhaust on the way too. I think it will be nice! Silver or Diamond black tips? I went with Diamond black

I hope the noise cancellation doesn't make it inaudible in the car! I am not spending that money just so the spectators outside the car can enjoy it!

Dennis

I broke down and ordered the AWE Sport Touring exhaust last week. I should have it sometime this week or next :-)

Awe was able to gain 18hp at the peak, and 27hp at the max "gain". Sounds pretty awesome too! I just hope it's not too loud when I don't want it to be :-)

Old 08-26-2013, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by thelionsden
I have the AWE exhaust on the way too. I think it will be nice! Silver or Diamond black tips? I went with Diamond black

I hope the noise cancellation doesn't make it inaudible in the car! I am not spending that money just so the spectators outside the car can enjoy it!

Dennis
It seems that the active noise cancelation is primarily concerned with the drone in 4-cylinder mode. I wouldn't mind ANC to remain effective with the aftermarket exhaust because when in 4-cyl mode you're putting around anyway, and I wouldn't want my car to sound like a Subaru lol.

As for the tips, I went with the polished silver. My car is Estoril blue and I don't have much black on the car at all. I feel the silver will work better with my longterm goal (CF front lip, spoiler and diffuser). I plan on keeping the OEM chrome bits too so the polish should match up better to my taste...

Last edited by ///M Traitor; 08-26-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It seems that the active noise cancelation is primarily concerned with the drone in 4-cylinder mode. I wouldn't mind ANC to remain effective with the aftermarket exhaust because when in 4-cyl mode you're putting around anyway, and I wouldn't want my car to sound like a Subaru lol.

As for the tips, I went with the polished silver. My car is Estoril blue and I don't have much black on the car at all. I feel the silver will work better with my longterm goal (CF front lip, spoiler and diffuser). I plan on keeping the OEM chrome bits too so the polish should match up better to my taste...
I have an estoril S6 and have the AWE with black diamond tips. Cause I will change grill and window trim to black optic. It will look sick.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, regarding the transmission, pulling the shifter down when in D to engage Sport mode is the same as selecting Dynamic mode in the MMI as far as the trans goes. It states this much in the manual IIRC.
Ah, I should have read the manual more thoroughly. That is quite odd to me then if D and D>S (Dynamic when turning on the car then pulling down shifter to Dynamic sport mode) are the same thing...I wonder why I'm getting "jerk" in one while perfectly smooth in the other.

Quick Reply: 2013 S6 TSB 19J1 - after effects? My car is quieter now...