S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2016 S6 Order Placed

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by msaudiq5
I'm in minority camp here - comfort seats were 'must have' for me and sport package didn't attract me at all. It offers differential and enhanced sounds and I don't need those.
Unless you drive hard on twisted roads you will not feel sport differential so I'm pretty happy with my config.

Enjoy your car

I respect the "Comfort Seating package" choice, although every time I sit in my diamond stitch sport seats I love them so much. However you are correct it is ALL an emotional choice (speaking for myself). I'm sure the comfort seats are so dam comfy.
As far as not being able to feel the sport differential, that's NOT the case at all. I'm not even an over the-top sport sedan enthusiast like some of these car-nerds here :-) But I can say I feel the car maintaining control (countering the understeer) on sharp turns and curves. I feel the back end come around behind me in a nice controlled manner, unlike the car being dragged behind like a trailer (slipping and geometrically linier)
Old 03-08-2016, 01:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Frido42
The vessel will be out of range for about 12 days.
The normal trip from Emden to Davisville is 11 days, 7 of which are in the "out of range" area. It appears that this ship went most of the way to Bermuda to avoid a storm and then headed directly North to Davisville. This accounts for the extra 3 days at sea.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MikeS6
I respect the "Comfort Seating package" choice, although every time I sit in my diamond stitch sport seats I love them so much. However you are correct it is ALL an emotional choice (speaking for myself). I'm sure the comfort seats are so dam comfy.
It was a tough one for me. I really liked the looks of the stock sport seats but I also really wanted the cooling feature, and I found the comfort seats easier to adjust to be "perfect" for me. Anyone else getting in my car is horribly uncomfortable until they spend 10 minutes adjusting things.

As it turned out, over the past year I rarely used the cooling option but tap the button for the massaging (stretch, level 3) almost every single day on my way home.

Honestly, I love these things, and I can't imaging ordering a car without them now, but I absolutely would have spent another $2000 for the exact same seats but with the diamond pattern, like in the 8. I'm a sucker for options.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do they do with the back seats when you get the comfort seating pack? Are they swapped out or do they remain the diamond stitching ones?
Old 03-08-2016, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default They are swapped

I love the comfort seats, but I have a fat butt.
Originally Posted by NewS6AudiFanNYC
What do they do with the back seats when you get the comfort seating pack? Are they swapped out or do they remain the diamond stitching ones?
Old 03-10-2016, 06:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NewS6AudiFanNYC
The back seats in my MY16 S6 with comfort seating pack look similar to the front seats. Perforated leather without diamond stitching.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Makes sense. I've got a production week of mid Apr so hoping to take delivery early June.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
It was a tough one for me. I really liked the looks of the stock sport seats but I also really wanted the cooling feature, and I found the comfort seats easier to adjust to be "perfect" for me. Anyone else getting in my car is horribly uncomfortable until they spend 10 minutes adjusting things.

As it turned out, over the past year I rarely used the cooling option but tap the button for the massaging (stretch, level 3) almost every single day on my way home.

Honestly, I love these things, and I can't imaging ordering a car without them now, but I absolutely would have spent another $2000 for the exact same seats but with the diamond pattern, like in the 8. I'm a sucker for options.
+1 if audi would offer comfort diamond seats in s6 would be nice. Also I noticed you have layered aluminum/wood option - that's only one I wish to have in my car but couldn't find one with that on the dealer lots (I'm too impatient to order cars).
Old 03-11-2016, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by msaudiq5
+1 if audi would offer comfort diamond seats in s6 would be nice. Also I noticed you have layered aluminum/wood option - that's only one I wish to have in my car but couldn't find one with that on the dealer lots (I'm too impatient to order cars).
I ordered it sight unseen. Absolutely awesome.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm putting an order in Monday. What sort of discounts are you guys getting?

Quick Reply: 2016 S6 Order Placed