S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2016 S6 Order Placed

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jsilas
If you had no issues with your 335 you'll likely not have any issues in the S6. However, as a rule sport tires are rubbish in the snow. My recommendation would be to try it with the factory tires and see - just be very careful. You can always add winter tires later.

The comfort seats are amazing and the inbuilt massaging functions are incredible. No, they don't look as good as the Sport seats, which have the diamond-stitching pattern etc, but they're incredible and will add to the comfort of the cabin.

Depends on how you drive the car. The baseline exhaust system is very quiet. The Sports Exhaust is nice because although still very quiet, it barks just a bit while driven in dynamic mode - enough to add a bit of edge to the experience. Ultimately, if your driving slants to the 'luxury' side instead of the 'sport' side, you'll be fine without Sports Package.

It's intuitive, but will be a learning curve. Basic things like the dial direction will take a bit of getting used to, but I think overall the Audi system is much more intuitive than BMW. I get lost a lot in BMW's system, but then again, I am accustomed to Audi's MMI.

Settings are substantially different, especially when you're air-ride equipped. The changes between Sport and Comfort are substantial enough that I switch them often depending on my mood and driving style. When relaxing during a commute with classical music on the B&O, I often select Comfort, set the Adaptive Cruise and Lane Control, and just chill. When I'm in the mood to rally, I put on some dubstep, put her in Dynamic mode, and play.

Daytona Grey Pearl is one of the best colors Audi offers. You will NOT be disappointed. It's a stunning color, looks good with everything. You will likely see cars equipped with Black Optic Package and regret not getting it. It's a beautiful way to improve the car's appearance, and in my opinion looks much nicer and more subtle than the chrome trim of the standard packages. Also, the wheels are incomparably better in my opinion. Everyone is different, but for me, the Black Optic Package is a no-brainer. My wife feels the same, and she ordered her SQ5 with Black Optic as well.

Have fun with the car - you're going to adore it.

Mine:
Thanks man. I would have gotten Black Optics had I been single. The wife loves the chrome look...benefit is I don't have to deal with 20 inch rims in NYC. I
Old 03-26-2016, 05:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My sales guy has gone completely AWOL. Hasn't provided commission number or anything. Anyone else seeing progress on their builds?
Old 03-26-2016, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ordered an S7 in mid Feb. I have the Comm #, no build date yet.

Enjoy the ride.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey guys, I'm a new member that's considering purchasing an S6. I currently drive an E90 M3, but it's getting older and I'm needing something bigger.

I see that some of you have recently ordered a 2016 S6. I have a couple of questions:

1. Are the 2017 ordering guides come out soon? Why not wait to see if there are any changes?
2. Are any of you concerned that when the C8 platform arrives you're going to want that in less than a couple of years?

I tend to keep my cars for over 5 years so it's a real reservation about ordering a S6 so deep into the current generation.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Lateral_G
Hey guys, I'm a new member that's considering purchasing an S6. I currently drive an E90 M3, but it's getting older and I'm needing something bigger.

I see that some of you have recently ordered a 2016 S6. I have a couple of questions:

1. Are the 2017 ordering guides come out soon? Why not wait to see if there are any changes?
2. Are any of you concerned that when the C8 platform arrives you're going to want that in less than a couple of years?

I tend to keep my cars for over 5 years so it's a real reservation about ordering a S6 so deep into the current generation.

I'm not the Audi expert, But I believe that either most Audi models, or at least the A6 / S6 is on an early MY release in the preceding year. I think that the MY17's yes would be coming out soon, as I understand it A6 first and the S6 follows 2 months later. "Soon" I'd guess and define that as with in the next 45 Days.

Buying the C7 has some tremendous advantages I'd offer...
#1.) Audi did very well with JD Power results for reliability due to the age of the current platforms, in other words they've worked out all the bugs, and the cars are refined and thus very reliable.
#2.) You'll get a great deal on a C7 especially right now. A C8 when released will be a close to an MSRP purchase, and like all recent MY launches, there could be some issues that might require a lot of warranty trips to the dealership.

I admit Id be interested in the C8 when it comes out. However I'd want to let the launch hype to die down a little. $ave some cash for when the dust settles.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To piggyback Mike's comments, I would wait until the dust settles when the C8s hit the dealerships. Not only do you save money when the hype dies down, it gives it time to get the kinks worked out. I'd give it a year or two. I've made this mistake a few times in my younger years. Wasting time dropping a car off at the dealership is the last thing on my to do list. I don't want to spend my hard earned $ to drive a 4 banger loaner.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Those are good points. I don't want to get killed on a deal for a brand new buggy car. Any idea if the C8 A6 will come out the same MY as the C8 S6? Or does the S6 come out a MY later?
Old 03-26-2016, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 496 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Lateral_G
Those are good points. I don't want to get killed on a deal for a brand new buggy car. Any idea if the C8 A6 will come out the same MY as the C8 S6? Or does the S6 come out a MY later?
The C8 S6 will not be in the US until calendar year 2018. The MY2017 that Mike was talking about should not have any significant differences to the MY2016, perhaps more optional equipment included as standard?
Old 03-29-2016, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Yeah doesn't Audi do every 8 years on their models? So if thats the case then 2016 is the first C7.5 (facelift version). So it seems if you want it and like it you should get what you want now instead of wait 2 more years, I mean thats crazy. as for 2017 C7.5, I'm guessing a couple of tweaks but nothing major. Maybe these guys can chime in on what the differences were between the 2014 and 2015 C7.
I just bought mine and I would be bummed if they came out with that virtual cockpit on the 17's but I don't see that happening.