S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Comfort Seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sync
The "comfort" seats are different in at least the following specific ways from the sport seats:
  • 22-way configurable vs 12-way.
  • Ventilation, which means they are perforated too.
  • Massage function.
  • Memory for both the driver and front passenger.
  • Cost $2K extra.
  • No diamond stitching, and can only be had in black (unless you go exclusive). To many, these may look plainer than the diamond stitched ones.

I think if I were to do it again, I might consider passing on the comfort seats, but it'll be a close call. I find both the ventilation and massage features to be not as great as I was expecting. You barely feel the ventilation, although it does have the amusing side affect of circulating the new car smell around the cabin. The massage function is rather meh too. Depending on how OCD you are, you might notice the tiny dust/dirt particles that keep getting stuck in the perforations.
The dust/dirt particles that end up in the small holes in the leather are easy to remove either by A) a strong vacuum cleaner OR by using the end of a paper clip to simply clear out the individual hole. Doesn't take long to do either.

The airflow through these seats is very much appreciated on long drives and quickly cools down your back when getting into a hot car. The air is simply cabin air (it isn't cooled separately) but functionally, this feature works. I have them in my 2012 A8L and (had them in my 2008 A8L) have them in my wife's 2011 Q5---I would not every have another Audi with out them.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on the diamond stitching, wonder why they couldn't offer that with the comfort seats. The marketing folks should also come up with a better name for "comfort seats". IMO, it doesn't really fit with the character of the S6, the A6 maybe.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I personally feel the massage, ventilation, and adjustable bolsters outweigh the aesthetics of the diamond quilt.

The massage could be stronger, but realize it's meant to help soothe sore, cramped muscles from a long drive rather than give you a therapeutic massage like you'd get from a trained masseuse. Some say the ventilation is subtle, but on a hot day it definitely makes a difference. The passenger memory seat is nice if you find yourself in the passenger seat or have a significant other.

Yes I'd get them again if I had to do it again.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't like the look of the stitching on sport seats. Too busy. The comfort seats look much more classy to me.

The circulating air is great. To me the temperature of it is dependent upon what the climate control is doing. If it is hot out and i have the air cranking, then the air from the seats feels very cool and it is great. If I have the temp set higher, it is not as noticeable. Someone mentioned that it is cabin air recirculated... hmm, that may be true.

The massage has 5 (as I recall) different modes/movements.

The massage feels very good to me. If it seems weak, perhaps you don't have the strength of massage adjusted to maximum. Each mode can be set from 1 to 5 in strength.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

When people see my interior, they just love the look of the sport seats. The lunar silver with carbon is very very nice.

Personal preferences I guess.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The comfort seats have been well worth it for me. Due to too much football and too many helicopter crashes, I am a few inches shorter (and perhaps a few years older than some S6 owners), but 2 years out from spine implants, and with a SO who will likely also have spine surgery, I like everything about them after the initial 2000 miles. My cars have always been workhorses rather than showhorses, so the lack of the diamond stitching is hardly an issue.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

With subtle differences (e.g. perforations on side bolsters), the comfort seats look very much like the A6 ventilated seats. Thanks for the pics.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Still torn of which way to go. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend for a test drive and see if they are worth to me.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Sport seats/Comfort seats?

I've been shopping around for the past three months and haven't been able to find an S6 to test drive yet.

How comfortable are the sport seats? I think they look great from the picture on the Audi website, but I'm wondering if they would be comfortable to sit in for hours at a time.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Robert Perdue
I've been shopping around for the past three months and haven't been able to find an S6 to test drive yet.

How comfortable are the sport seats? I think they look great from the picture on the Audi website, but I'm wondering if they would be comfortable to sit in for hours at a time.
I think a lot of us were in the same boat as you. Might be easiest if you told us where you were and then maybe a kind and loving current owner would be willing to let you check their car out.

Quick Reply: Comfort Seats