S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Dipped my stock wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Dipped my stock wheels

Check em out.

Name:  DSC_4336.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  56.8 KB

Name:  DSC_4337.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  36.6 KB
Old 06-18-2013, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Looks great! Good job.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Hopefully it hides all the brake dust
Old 06-19-2013, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1...I ordered my RS4 shortly before the Titanium Package was an option, and will definitely go in that direction when I order 'winter wheels', which will actually become my summer wheels after some tire shuffling.

BUT, if I recall correctly the RS4's 60-0 was 116 feet and the S6's is 117 feet, which is pretty good for fairly porky cars, so no complaints. Quite pleased with the S6 brakes thus far, and at least these wheels are easier to clean than the beautiful RS4 wheels.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice! I'm doing the same. I can't stand all the brake dust. Waiting on my materials from dipyourcar.com. I'm going the gloss black route. Until someone releases new pads for these brakes, I hope the plastidip will help hide the insane amount of dust.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mik34
I can't stand all the brake dust.
Ditto. So bad... one short drive and the front wheels look like crap!
Old 06-19-2013, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Deazy
Check em out.
Honestly, I normally don't like the anthracite/grey wheel look, but it looks great with your Estoril paint!

Originally Posted by Shredster
Ditto. So bad... one short drive and the front wheels look like crap!
For what its worth, I got my car detailed when new and my detailer applied Opti-Coat to all of the paint (including the wheels). Between that and the Armor-All wheel protectant I use, the brake dust really isn't too bad any more.

If you guys aren't using this:

You're doing it wrong!
Old 06-19-2013, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nobbyv
Honestly, I normally don't like the anthracite/grey wheel look, but it looks great with your Estoril paint!

For what its worth, I got my car detailed when new and my detailer applied Opti-Coat to all of the paint (including the wheels). Between that and the Armor-All wheel protectant I use, the brake dust really isn't too bad any more.

If you guys aren't using this:

You're doing it wrong!
I am using that and the dust is still terrible. Worked great on my S5 with Stoptech pads but not on my S6.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by nobbyv

Hmmm not sure I'm interested in applying a "protectant barrier" to my wheels. Either way, it is not going to prevent brake dust from collecting on the wheels. Then again, maybe it works like Plexus? I'm not going to switch from Plexus since it works great.

I posted in the other thread about Plexus... a polish that seals the pores and allows brake dust to wipe off so easily for several times until you need to re-apply it. It doesn't prevent the the dust from depositing but it's my tried and true solution that works great. Apply also to wheels when wet after washing car and dry the wheels as normal. Several people mentioned they ordered a can or two based on the suggestion. Still waiting for them to report what they think. I swear by the stuff.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Quick Reply: Dipped my stock wheels