S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

MMI swap from Bose to bang and olufsen

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2022, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI swap from Bose to bang and olufsen

2016 s6 prestige
4G8 035 223 B
Is my current mmi
I blew up Bose MMI and I need to replace it. I have been looking online for a salvaged part with little luck but I've found a few. At approx $500 I was wondering if I could get a different model that would be an upgrade? Perhaps even a bang and olufsen?!!? Or do I need to get the exact same one. The part I have currently 4g8 035 223 b us for a 2017 s7 rs7 a7 2016 s7 rs7 a7 which is wierd. But it is the factory part in my 2016 s6. Other similar parts like 4g0 035 223 c are only $200. Any help would be awesome. Oh, a new factory part is about $1,700!
Old 08-10-2022, 04:52 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

The part you mention is just the amplifier.
I believe there is more to it than just the amplifier it is a wholistic system and software and coding etc..
Old 08-11-2022, 02:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gk1
The part you mention is just the amplifier.
I believe there is more to it than just the amplifier it is a wholistic system and software and coding etc..

Ya, this is the part that I smoked and a new one from the factory is about 1600 ish. I was wondering if there was an upgrade i could do or a if another part would be the same w a different oart number would work. Ir wven better, if the b&o part would work I stead. I know it all has to be coded I'm just wondering if there is a compatible upgrade I could install instead?
Old 08-11-2022, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

The only thing that makes the B&O unit worth the upgrade are the speakers and amplifier in the trunk. The MMI unit is probably the same as the amplifier is in the trunk for both the Bose and B&O systems
Old 08-16-2022, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by The Yeoman
The only thing that makes the B&O unit worth the upgrade are the speakers and amplifier in the trunk. The MMI unit is probably the same as the amplifier is in the trunk for both the Bose and B&O systems
Ya, that's the part I'm talking about, the one in the truck. It's a bose part number I listed earlier. Can I just put the B&O one in there instead and it will work??
Old 08-18-2022, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by SlickMickTahoe
Ya, that's the part I'm talking about, the one in the truck. It's a bose part number I listed earlier. Can I just put the B&O one in there instead and it will work??
No, the B&O amp is not compatible with a car built with a Bose system. The wiring harnesses are different.
Old 08-18-2022, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by B6-3.0L
No, the B&O amp is not compatible with a car built with a Bose system. The wiring harnesses are different.
Thanks for taking the time to answer!Well....
Now that we got that part of my question solved and moving on. Is thereanunother part othere tha the bose amp part umber 4G8 035 223 B thatbwill work on my car?
Old 08-20-2022, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for taking the time to answer!Well....
Now that we got that part of my question solved and moving on. Is thereanunother part othere tha the bose amp part umber 4G8 035 223 B thatbwill work on my car?
No prob. That’s probably the only one unless there is a superseding part number. You can go to Audi’s parts website and put your VIN in to see if there’s anything else that can be used. Note that all new or used amps that are not from your car originally will need to have the component protection removed to work properly.

One other thought, if it’s just a damaged amp, contact these guys: https://paulisoncorpserv.com. Years back I had water damage (leaking sunroof) on my Q7 and the owner met up with me to swap amps and remove the CP. His name is Ed. Nice guy, very knowledgeable and helpful. He may be able to fix your existing one. No need for CP removal then.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by B6-3.0L
No prob. That’s probably the only one unless there is a superseding part number. You can go to Audi’s parts website and put your VIN in to see if there’s anything else that can be used. Note that all new or used amps that are not from your car originally will need to have the component protection removed to work properly.

One other thought, if it’s just a damaged amp, contact these guys: https://paulisoncorpserv.com. Years back I had water damage (leaking sunroof) on my Q7 and the owner met up with me to swap amps and remove the CP. His name is Ed. Nice guy, very knowledgeable and helpful. He may be able to fix your existing one. No need for CP removal then.
So it wasnt repairabke but i got a new one hiwever it isnt functioning except the front driver's side door because of the cp. Is there anyway to remove it w otis or an autel that rewrites coding etc?
Old 03-15-2023, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

So it wasnt repairabke but i got a new one hiwever it isnt functioning except the front driver's side door because of the cp. Is there anyway to remove it w otis or an autel that rewrites coding etc?
There are limited options for CP removal. Either a dealer, an Indy shop with access to ODIS, or possibly someone who has access to ODIS that can Remote Desktop into your computer while connected to the car with a proper cable.