S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

S6 and RS model front rotor issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 10:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S6 and RS model front rotor issue

Im not a techie and certainly not a regular poster but have been a member here for a while.
2016 S6 Prestige Misano Red 25k miles - love that damn car.
Got my 2016 S6 rotors and brakes done at the dealership in Jan.

About a month later heard a clicking upon variable braking from the front left.
Took it back - took the service consultant for a spin and made him hear the noise. Was clear and understood it.

Had car for a week or so and was told bad wheel hub and it was replaced.
Got car back and still hear noise.
Travelled away for work for 3 weeks.
Come back and back it goes and again held for a week and this time they called for a new front axel.

In the meantime, they have a look at the rotors again. Allegedly - there was batch of bad rotors that came out of manufacturing. They appear fine to the eye but tolerance wise they are out of alignment and under braking they click as the pads hit the raised portion.

Im not a mechanic but pay close attention to my car and my service guy was impressed i even heard it - let alone reported it.... twice. I could have been fed complete BS too - and those in the know could be laughing about it.

Im only posting this here in case anyone else has had a clicking from their recently replaced rotors and as this place has done me well as a resource - paying it back is the least I could do.

Of course, most here probably do their own pads and rotors so this may not be an issue for them. Found it odd that a batch or rotors were bad - apparently its a know issue from the distributor ( TAC?) but not tech bulletin has been issued about it - at least according to the info I was given.

It was still under warranty too so no $$ to me.

Cheers
Old 05-04-2019, 12:11 AM
bpd
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Can you imagine for an owner out of warranty changing all those parts at their expense, just to find out its rotors? Techs need to do better. Great you are under wrrty.