Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2018 A6 Audi Connect PIN

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 01:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 A6 Audi Connect PIN

Hi Guys,

Just returned from the dealer where they applied a software update to fix the following bug:
the car doesn't retain the Audi Connect PIN once entered. Switch the car off and on again and you have to input the PIN again.

Problem is: after a full reset and the software update, the bug is still there (together with an issue that the entertainment volume setting while backing-up is not remembered either and reset to 'mute' every time).

Anyone else ran into this? It's not taking away from my pleasure driving this car, just the fact that I know that there's a bug is annoying.
I read some other threads with TSB numbers, but they are not for this model year.

TIA,

Hans
Old 01-20-2019, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hansinla
Hi Guys,

Just returned from the dealer where they applied a software update to fix the following bug:
the car doesn't retain the Audi Connect PIN once entered. Switch the car off and on again and you have to input the PIN again.

Problem is: after a full reset and the software update, the bug is still there (together with an issue that the entertainment volume setting while backing-up is not remembered either and reset to 'mute' every time).

Anyone else ran into this? It's not taking away from my pleasure driving this car, just the fact that I know that there's a bug is annoying.
I read some other threads with TSB numbers, but they are not for this model year.

TIA,

Hans
I had the software update done on my 2016 A6. It helped, but only works about 1/2 the time or less. Sometimes the PIN doesn't need to be entered and other times it's required. Better, but still a pain overall.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
I had the software update done on my 2016 A6. It helped, but only works about 1/2 the time or less. Sometimes the PIN doesn't need to be entered and other times it's required. Better, but still a pain overall.
Software writers never get it right, if they did they would put themselves out of a job.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm in the same situation as the OP. Noticed had to punch in the Audi Connect Pin again. When backing up, the music mutes sometimes and sometimes doesn't. Let me know how the software update goes. Thanks!
Old 01-27-2019, 08:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jon2168
I'm in the same situation as the OP. Noticed had to punch in the Audi Connect Pin again. When backing up, the music mutes sometimes and sometimes doesn't. Let me know how the software update goes. Thanks!

Will do. My dealer opened a case with Audi NA, but I haven't heard anything back yet.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It stores to your Bluetooth profile so make sure your phone is connected and check if it requires a pin again.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Wuplur
It stores to your Bluetooth profile so make sure your phone is connected and check if it requires a pin again.

Interesting. Since I use CarPlay, bluetooth is not actively connected to my iPhone (the two connections are mutually exclusive).
I'm going to try if the PIN will be stored properly if I don't use CarPlay, Thanks.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wuplur
Thanks. I'm going to have to try this again. I usually have my phone with me when I'm in the car and still randomly get asked for the PIN.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had the same PIN problem on my 2016. I had to reenter the PIN everytime the car was shut down. I complained for 6 months before they did a software update. Now I only put it in once a month or so. I can't believe the problem still persists in the 2018 models. This is not a software engineers problem at this point. It is the problem of a management that doesn't want to pay to correct deficiencies in the car.

The other problem that you have with the volume resetting to mute when backing up is also evident in my 2016. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Worse yet, if I brush the radio preset pad while the reverse camera is on, the presets are set to new stations. My car was in the shop for 30 days total on three occasions while they conferred with Germany to fix the problem. They returned the car twice with the problem "fixed", but it wasn't. They actually went to the trouble of installing two new radios. After the third time, they came to the conclusion that all of the 2016 and 2017 models do that and said that a software fix was applied to the 2018 models that is not retrofittable to the earlier cars.The later revelation came after I told them my 2018 loaner didn't have the problem.

To add insult to injury, on one of my visits they rewired my hardwired radio detector because they felt that was the problem. I didn't realize it, but they reconnected the radar detector to an always on point rather that one that turns off with the ignition. I had a dead battery as a result and had to get a jump start at LaGuardia at midnight after the car was parked for 8 days.