For those of you in/around the phoenix area...How is traffic really ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those of you in/around the phoenix area...How is traffic really ??

I'm contemplating a move to the phoenix area from Central PA...however eveyone has warned me that traffic congestion in phoenix is awful and it takes forever to get anywhere...I wanted to get a firsthand response as to how bad it really is, and if i were to live in one of the surrounding towns if its any better...

So what do you guys say, is it just a rush-hour thing...? Is it just downtown Phoenix...? or is it un-avoidable...?

Also, it looks like photo and remote-radar ticketing is pretty big there, is it that much of a nusence...?

Thanks for anybody's input...
Old 03-23-2007, 08:13 PM

Default I come from So Cal, so to me this isn't bad at all. During rush hour you'll

have traffic, but I expect that. The rest of the time is mostly high flow traffic. There is the 17 freeway, which runs North out of PHX, (south into PHX) and that is bad quite often. Luckily I'm rarely up that way.

The Phoenix area is failry large (most people don't realize it). I live on the eastside, and for me to get to the football stadium, its about an hour communte.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default its not that bad

i moved here from pa as well. and the traffic isnt horrible. LA and denver are way worst. it does depend on where your going and where your starting. personaly i take alot of surface roads during rush hour. and the ticketing ya on the 101 in scottsdale there big on it. but everywhere else not really. i was doing 90 the other day and got passed like i was standing still. also i have gotten more speeding tickets in pa then i do out here. hope this helps a lil. phx is awsome!!! its well worth the move! if you need any help with getting things started or have questions about the area just ask. or email me b3audi@gmail.com
Old 04-10-2007, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: I come from So Cal, so to me this isn't bad at all. During rush hour you'll

SteveAZ is right about I-17. I dread going on that interstate. For the most part traffic should just be expected. You will learn where to drive and where not to. The photo radar is on the loop 101 on the east side of the city. It is projected to be put in all around the city though, even on some surface streets. The one thing to know is that PHX just take up a large area of land. For reference, 1 lady I dated lived on the far southeast side of the city and I live in the far northwest. It took about 2 hours to drive 1 way with almost no traffic.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

hehehe... just moved from PA too