Hey guys, I am in Utah now w/ good chance of moving to Houston in a couple months>>

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys, I am in Utah now w/ good chance of moving to Houston in a couple months>>

looks like me and my dog and my 99' black A4 1.8TQM are moving to Houston soon!
Looks like you guys have a pretty good little group down there. My work is relocating us to the Houston/Gallaria area. Nice area?
Anyone know of any homes for rent around there? (got have a backyard for the puppy dog)
Old 01-07-2003, 04:34 PM

In the Galleria area, talk about $$$. With a yard, talk about $$$$$$.
Old 01-07-2003, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default HA HA.... I was afraid of that. what about anything surrounding>>>

with less than a 30 minute commute? hmmm..yes...maybe??? A lot of my coworkers are moving to the Woodlands area but they say its like a 45 to an hour commute. I ain't down with that.
Old 01-07-2003, 05:04 PM

Default Man, I don't know, it all depends on what you want.

I live in downtown and am thinking about moving. I work downtown so I know my commute is gonna suck regardless. how much do you want to spend? Or, you can buy my place...
Old 01-07-2003, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Well I own in Salt Lake and I am renting my house out>>

I would like to spend no more than what my mortgage is now ($1,350), but the key is I want to rent for now not buy. Only because I don't know how permanent our relocation is. But I gotta have a yard for my dog, he has a nice big yard now and he will go crazy if he has to live in a condo or a town home or something small like that. As far as the house goes though, don't matter...It's just me and the dog, so the actual house could be tiny for all I care.

So you live downtonw and work downtown and you still have a big commute? Much different than salt lake!
Old 01-07-2003, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default here's what I am doing....

I have a 935 sq ft one bedroom with a two car attached garage. I am 3.1 miles from my office in the Galleria area (Post Oak and San Felipe)

I pay $1200 for the apartment. It's townhouse style... living/dining, kitchen and half-bath on one floor up from the garage. Bedroom, laundry, huge bathroom up one more level.

No backyard.

I am moving into another apartment about 10 miles west of my office... exact same floorplan I have now, but it's $940 a month.

You can find houses for rent all the time... the farther west you go, the less expensive. Close in to the Galleria expect a WHOLE lot more than your current mortgage payment.

Hope that helps.

PeteH
Old 01-07-2003, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

That helps... does that town house of yours have a backyard?
Old 01-07-2003, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm in a duplex that has a backyard...

Two bedroom, montrose area, shared covered parking in back, no garage. 1100/mo. for about 1000 sq. ft.

When I moved here, I looked into rental houses, and there really aren't any in your price range in the galleria area. You'll have to look south to the meyerland area or farther out west. Both are nice options since you wouldn't have to commute very far either way. In either location, you're probably looking at $1200/mo for a standard size rental home.

Email me if you have any more questions.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:39 PM

Default Well then you don't want my place. I have no yard and my rent is about 2k/mo.

No, my commute is great. 4 miles total. But pete is right, the closer you get into town, the more expensive it will be for you. Go west out on Westheimer and find a nice house for rent, maybe in the Westchase area. You will also be closer to the "meat markets".
Old 01-07-2003, 10:29 PM

nooooooo. dont do it. move west i say .. WEST

Quick Reply: Hey guys, I am in Utah now w/ good chance of moving to Houston in a couple months>>