TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

11,450kms (7200 miles) and I am ready to turn around and do it again.... I love this car!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2002, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 11,450kms (7200 miles) and I am ready to turn around and do it again.... I love this car!!

How many vehicles can you do that in and have a bigger smile at the end than at the beginning??

Highlights and Lowlights:
- getting stopped 4 times by the police but only getting 1 ticket (yes I got stopped again on the trip back for looking fast, again in Saskatchewan, again the officer had lots of questions about the car..... I'm getting the feeling that Saskatchewan is not the high crime capital of Canada!!)
- Seeing what an amazing and huge continent we live on!! Unbelievable!! I've got story after story of the places that surprised me....
- Somehow managing to cross the border in a raging blizzard both ways...... 3000 miles and 10 days apart!! First in Quebec and Vermont on my way down (where I discovered the joys of summer tires in snow on steep roads...not!!) then in North Dakota & Saskatchewan on the way back...
What month is it??? Maybe god is trying to tell me something.......
- cruising in a TT.... it is simply a wonderful experience. Whether you are "pushing it" or driving leisurely this car is a joy to be on the road in..... comfortable and fun!! And it can hold a ton of gear if it has too (as those who watched me load up in Asheville can attest to!!)
- You gotta love the irony of how languages evolve..... meaningful names take on whole new meanings as time goes along.... my favorite town name was Bienfart, Sk (bien is french for good!!), and the experience of driving through it lasted about as long as a good .... usually lasts (ie not many people can say they come from bienfart, sk!!) But the best place name on the trip had to be Bill Clinton's favorite park.... Long Bone Lick State Park (it's a tribute to what!!??).... somehow all the midwest crew missed getting a photo of that sign.....
- nearly getting a new hood ornament during the deal's gap drive.... a kamikaze on a bike was passing a truck around a blind corner and he missed becoming my new hood ornament by about 3 feet.... he won't be bitching about the stock TT brakes I used to miss him!!
- the people, the people, the people........ my fellow Canadians, well no more needs to be said, I have some great new friends! ...... everyone else at TT-East?? what else can I say, I have some great new friends! My only regret was that there wasn't the time to get to know everyone there well ..... and the convoy's that I joined on the way there (N.E.) and way back (Chicago-Detroit) were an unexpectedly special experience for me (you have to remember, the first TT that I have seen live other than my own was Stan's in Toronto 7 days before TT-East!! My very first roadster sighting was when I joined the NE convoy outside Washington!!) it was really special for me to be able to spend those days experiencing the drives with everyone else (FSR radios are great!!).... I am so jealous of all of you who live in areas where you can get together on a regular basis!!! On the other hand, I get some experiences you probably don't.... like being constantly stopped by bag ladies (remember that story!!) and police officers to be asked about my car......
Old 05-11-2002, 11:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Glad to see you made it back...Some of us were starting to wonder what happened to you.

...Especially since you said you should be back on Thursday. Heh
Old 05-11-2002, 11:15 PM

Default On the trip home I met the woman of my dreams, sold the TT.....

and settled down in Saskatchewan.......
yeah right!!
Old 05-12-2002, 12:37 AM

Glad you made it safe & sound. It's good to be home, isn't it?
Old 05-12-2002, 05:13 AM

Default Ross, been thinking when you'd make it home. Glad you're safe and enjoyed the trip. Start

thinking about next year!! Happy we got a chance to meet and convoy together.
Old 05-12-2002, 05:16 AM
Elder Member

Glad you made the trip and I got to meet you. Hope you drive next year as well.
Old 05-12-2002, 06:56 AM

Default Glad to know the trip back went well...

It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope there are many other TT-East events in our future.

About the snow storms, in Quebec there is a very famous song that says : "Mon pays c'est l'hiver" (My country is winter). I guess you experienced it first hand <:-).

Nicole says hello.

PS: I love your sig!
Old 05-12-2002, 07:01 AM

Default Glad you made it back safe my friend, it was a pleasure to meet you

We also had such a blast at TTE which was what made the drive all so worth it. We got back in 1.5days from Aheville as we were closer and didn't stop to sight-see. We did encounter a nice thunderstorm with high winds, tornados etc

Can't wait to see how some of the video and stills come out of the gap!