TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

ARRRRHGGGGHHHH!!! I was run off the road this afternoon! Another casualty... (long)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2001, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARRRRHGGGGHHHH!!! I was run off the road this afternoon! Another casualty... (long)

This afternoon on the way to get some supplies for the coming hurricane, a Jeep Grand Laredo swerved into my lane almost into me! Had I to swerved to avoid the collision, my entire left side would have been wiped out! Unfortunately, I SLAMMED into the side walk...causing major damage to my new Sprotecs and suspensions. Get this...the lady speeds up...I chase after her in my now wobbling TT. Yelling at the top of my lungs for her to pull over and that I was already calling the police.

Once she finally pulled over, I come to find out that she does not have a license and that she was "out on a delivery for her work" and that "it was her boss's car." I'm in a fanatically state now...on the phone with the police while my fiancee was trying to get information from this woman. She did not know if her boss carried any insurance...was able to find a certificate with some liability insurance. The Jeep was a lease from Enterprise Leasing (part of the Rental company).

Now this woman calls her boss to tell him what happened...I over hear her saying "I had to stop...that was the right thing to do." I gather her boss was asking her why she stopped. She hands me the phone and the boss asks if she hit me...I say "no" and he says the he isn't responsible. I tell the idiot that she was in his car and the policy is under his name. He continued to deny any responsibility...so I hung up on him!

The police finally arrive and we give our stories. The boss comes soon after. While I was on the phone with my insurance, the boss was telling the police that he didn't have any insurance...I walk to his car, open the glove compartment, and take out the certificate, hand it to the police. The police then looks at the guy and asks "why did you lie about this?" This guys is an IDIOT! The boss tells me to stay out of his car...locks the door of the jeep and leaves the girl stranded...told her to find a ride home! WHAT A DICK!

Then towed my car to the dealer...now I'm in a Ford Explorer. I can't believe it! My car is only two months old...and just got the rims!

On the positive side, no one was hurt...but I can't help want to kill that stupid man! Just had to vent...
Old 11-03-2001, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Max if you are reading this, I might need two new Sportecs...the insurance adjuster

will be coming to check out the car Monday or Tuesday to assess the damages. The rims are look pretty bad....I left you a message at your office...
Old 11-03-2001, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that, man The boss sounds like a really horrible person.
Old 11-03-2001, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

He's deplorable! If I could I'd bring a law suit against him...any ideas if I can?
Old 11-03-2001, 03:36 PM

Default Re: ARRRRHGGGGHHHH!!! I was run off the road this afternoon! Another casualty... (long)

Sue this guy under the legal basis of respondeat superior. The boss is responsible for any of his employee's actions while on the work route. Please consult with your lawyer.
Old 11-03-2001, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I think I will consult a lawyer...my neck hurts too...
Old 11-03-2001, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Remember you can only go to the really hot, really expensive masseuse when it comes up in court
Old 11-03-2001, 04:26 PM

Default I am sorry to hear that, Man.

I definitely think you should consult with a lawyer and sue the jerk.

Peter
Old 11-03-2001, 04:28 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That's the worst. at least you caught up the the culprit...you're lucky...sometimes...

they take off and you're disabled with a undrivable car. hope its not in the shop long.
Old 11-03-2001, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Anyone know a good lawyer in South Florida? Miami/Broward/Palm Beachs? That I can consult?

Quick Reply: ARRRRHGGGGHHHH!!! I was run off the road this afternoon! Another casualty... (long)