TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

asking to be pulled over? say it aint so

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-1999, 10:47 AM
David Cook

Default asking to be pulled over? say it aint so

Stealth. One thing the TT definitely does not have. A friend (granted she is an aggressive driver) has been pulled over twice in the month or so she has owned the car. Ticketed one of those times. Does it perhaps attract too much of the wrong kind of attention. Honestly, if 10 cars are going down the freeway all at the same speed (speeding) who do you think is going to get pulled over? The A4 look alike S4. The BMW sedan. The VW GTI. The minivan. The corvette even. Or the TT. Hmmm, not a tough question, the TT of course even if just to get a closer look. How widespread is this phenomena?
Old 10-07-1999, 11:03 AM
Koo

Default Re: asking to be pulled over? say it aint so

I was driving north on a highway when I passed a trooper who already had pulled someone over going south. All the while he was walking to his victim, he was turned around, staring at me going by. And I was just doing the limit. So I think unfortunately, with all the attention we're getting, we're also going to get the wrong kind. And as a result of that, we'll get more tickets. My son went through something similar when he first got his license. He insisted on driving this "macho-*****" car that was bright red with giant white racing stripes on it. We tried to talk him out of it. He got four tickets in two weeks. Now that he's 20 and driving a Blazer, they leave him alone. This isn't gonna help us, though.
Old 10-07-1999, 11:08 AM
Denny

Default Definitely attracts the cops...had one tail me for about a mile in town this week (more for KOO)

Koo, funny about your son. As of the beginning of last year, I had both kids off my insurance policy....with their track records, it was equal to the GNP of a small third world nation. Insurance went from $7,800 a year to $1,200. Savings used on the TT. Hope you are having fun. It's not easy being Green. Den
Old 10-07-1999, 11:18 AM
mne

Thank you guys SO much... this Saturday I buy my first-born his first car He buys insurance tho (nt)
Old 10-07-1999, 11:39 AM
John TT

Default If Denny's not hiring, are you adopting

I'm potty trained and have zero points on my liscense!
Old 10-07-1999, 11:45 AM
STTeve R

Default Hopefully my 'old age' will help me defeat a ticket...or my retired cop credentials... (nt)

nt
Old 10-07-1999, 11:50 AM
Jon Roberto

I have already gotten a ticket in my TT and I have only had it for 3 weeks. The cop got me in a speed trap doing 70 mph. The speed limit just dropped from 65 mph to 55 mph. I haven't had a ticket in over 10 years. I hope this isn't an omen. I can't help it that this car needs to run fast.
Old 10-07-1999, 11:59 AM
Edson

Default Re: asking to be pulled over? Its So.

After being slowed in traffic on the I-495 in Virginia by some goober driving 50 mph in the left lane, I finally got an openning and blew by at about 85mph. Unfortunately I also blew by an unmarked Virginia State Trooper. This was the conversation after he pulled me over: Trooper: New car? Answer: Yes Sir. Trooper: Test Driving It? Answer: Well sort of, Sir. Trooper: Where are you headed? Ans: to watch the Redskins game at a friends house. Trooper: Anything to drink today? Ans: No Sir. Trooper: Nothing? Ans. That's correct sir. Trooper: Can I see your drivers license? Ans. Yes Sir (and I give it to him). Trooper: (as he hands me back my license) Lets keep it closer to the speed limit and...Nice Car! Ans. Thank you Sir.

God is watching over us TTers or is it Redskins Fans
Old 10-07-1999, 12:00 PM
ron n

I was pulled over for not having a front license plate (Texas). Warning...no ticket. Later found out from friend who knew the DPS officer that he just wanted to see the car.
Old 10-07-1999, 12:00 PM
Denny

Good move on making him pay his own insurance...pray for no tickets or accidents (nt)

Quick Reply: asking to be pulled over? say it aint so