TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Awwww, poor little "victim" of racial profiling...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2001, 10:10 AM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Awwww, poor little "victim" of racial profiling...

Here in San Diego, a Jordanian "student" was recently taken into custody and flown to New York to testify before a Grand Jury regarding his relationship with two of the terrorists involved in the recent attacks on America.

Osama Awadallah testified to the Grand Jury that he did not know and had never met these terrorists. Meanwhile, Awadallah's family and attorney were screaming about their violation of civil rights, and complaining constantly about how Awadallah and other Arabs were merely the victims of U.S. racial profiling. Awadallah's attorney went so far as to call Attorney General John Ashcroft, "Adolph Ashcroft", obviously likening him to Adolph Hitler.

Yesterday, Awadallah was arrested on Federal charges of purjury. Seems it's been established that he knew these terrorists afterall.

Poor little "victim". Oh, and a note to his attorney, go and F yourself, a.h.! If you think Ashcroft is comparable to Hitler, why don't you move to Afghanisan. While you're at it, take all the female members of your family with you!
Old 10-20-2001, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What he said! It really ticks me off...

The way these a$$h@les try to use the constitution to do their sinister deeds.Maybe we should use different words other then racial profiling. Statistical analysis or common sense come to mind.Anyway f#@k him.
Old 10-20-2001, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Shakespeare wrote about that particular lawyer
Old 10-20-2001, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Default I have a thought on the abuse of our legal system.

I like to think I'm semi-enlightened and open minded, but I have this idea that keeps popping up.

If you are a citizen of the United States, and are arrested, you have the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution to protect you.

If you are a citizen of another country that is a member of NATO, or similar relationship level (IE Canada, England, France, Germany, etc). You are extended those rights.

If you are a citizen of a country not listed in the above two, and are arrested. No bill of rights beyond a lawyer, or impartial third party to make sure geneva convention isn't violated, and when we're done, you're immediately sent back to your country of origin with a COD sticker on you for your home country, your visa revoked and a new visa not allowed for 24 months. Then I get pessimistic and think you should be shoved out the back of the plane with a parachute when we fly over the country instead of actually landing in that country. The last part is if you are not convicted. Think about that. I look at it this way, I don't know anyone, black or white, that is arrested for walking down the street for no reason very often. Granted, I don't have friends from all backgrounds, but still, if you get arrested, usually you've screwed around somewhere you shouldn't have.

This is not racially motivated, this is don't F*ck with America related. I don't care if you're from Afghanistan, Columbia, Peru, or Timbuktu. You break the law here, you go home and don't come back for a while.

Am I wrong? or is this semi-reasonable? Obviously there is some fine tuning to it, but still, this would solve some issues.
Old 10-20-2001, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Throw the bastard in prison!
Old 10-20-2001, 04:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Well...

You can call it whatever you want to, but singling people out because of their skin color, ethnic appearance, etc. is unjust an unacceptable in supposedly free society. I don't know your ethnic origin or anything else about you, but I sense that most minorities and many other people in the US share my point of view. Maybe my sense of justice is skewed b/c I'm black and I'm a lawyer. I know what it's like to be profiled, and it ain't fun. At any rate, I agree with TTom TTR--if you are not a citizen of this country and abuse the privileges this country affords you or show signs of anti-American behavior, then you need to take your *** back home, no matter what your race or color...just my 2 cents.
Old 10-21-2001, 06:39 AM
jc
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Awwww, poor little "victim" of racial profiling...

While this time, it turned out he was a criminal there a lot of other cases where it is not true. Civil liberties can not be trampled because of paranoia.

We did it once, in World War 2 when we put japanese americans in concentration camps. We can not allow that to happen again.
Old 10-21-2001, 07:05 AM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I don't believe for a nanosecond...

that we are about to "round up" those of Arab descent and incarcerate them for no reason. Do you?

The individuals detained would all seem to have or potentially have some link to these terrorists. I also don't a problem with taking a harder look at individuals of middle eastern origin. Don't get me wrong, "harder look" means just that.

We shouldn't be so politically correct that we fail to note and use our advantage that thus far, these persons are of mid-east descent.
Old 10-21-2001, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Also remember none of the highjackers "looked" like stereotypical middle eastern persons as depicted

on TV ie. no turbans or beards etc. I agree with Brad - I don't think we should harass them but on the other hand - we need to make sure that all who may be involved are found and brought to justice.
Old 10-21-2001, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re:Well... It just seems like common sense to me. We know ...

the people that do theses things are arabic.I have black friends & have experienced racism toward them.It is very disturbing that people can be so ignorant.However, I do feel that people who break the law will to use it to defend themselves. We can't let them. I know we must not cross over the line where we become like those we hate. I am just so angry , frustrated & sad about what has happened. I know everyone is.