TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Best exaust for 01'TT 225 HP

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best exaust for 01'TT 225 HP

Hi, I have got an '01 TT 225 HP with APR chip with only 16K on the clock (weekend driver only). I still really enjoy driving the car and do dust off or keep up with lots of rivals makers produced in 2012.

I am really looking to replace my standard exhaust for better performance but I really prefer one that is very settle in terms of sound but excellent in performance. I know that there are quite a lot of good ones out there but unfortunately I never get a clear understanding of which are louder than which.

I would like to keep as close to the standard sound as possible at idle but a little more growl when accelerating.

Any input that you can provide would be greatly appreciated;
Best Regards.
F.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Get a milltek resonated cat-back and never look back. If you find you want more growl, remove the resonator and add a 42DD down pipe. I logged nearly 100K with this setup as a daily driver and road tripper. It is an excellent exhaust system with supreme quality.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi B BTTy;

Thank you very much for your response and suggestion I really appreciate it. I will check it out.

BTW: My apologies for the spelling error I meant exhaust not exaust . Fat fingers.

Regards.
F.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

16K miles NICE! Wish I had it. As to the exhaust. To be VERY honest-- Unless you want more sound or the larger tips, Just stay with stock. The car might FEEL faster if it is louder but you won't be able to measure any difference. I have Borla but sometimes after a long run I am tempted to put the stock exhaust back on. The cars with 3"downpipes AND exhausts seem to pick up a bit of power but even there, unless tenths of a second REALLY matter, it is more about sound. If I had an unmodded 16k car I would not do anything to it but chip it. Especially if I could keep mine with it's suspension and brake improvements for play.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I had the stock turbo and basic stock set up, the Neuspeed exhaust had phenominal fit and finish, sounded great and was NOT that expensive. It was amazingly quiet on drone and decelerating noise. It's also a 2.75" system:

http://www.neuspeed.com/7/5/0/1489/3...k-exhaust.html

Originally Posted by J. Patterson
16K miles NICE! Wish I had it. As to the exhaust. To be VERY honest-- Unless you want more sound or the larger tips, Just stay with stock. The car might FEEL faster if it is louder but you won't be able to measure any difference. I have Borla but sometimes after a long run I am tempted to put the stock exhaust back on. The cars with 3"downpipes AND exhausts seem to pick up a bit of power but even there, unless tenths of a second REALLY matter, it is more about sound. If I had an unmodded 16k car I would not do anything to it but chip it. Especially if I could keep mine with it's suspension and brake improvements for play.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Agree with J. Patterson on all counts.

Mine is ~69k with APR and Miltek non-resonated. Hardly notice difference in power if any. Sounds real nice, but not much louder than the stock. However, the quiet drone it has gets a bit tiresome on long cruise if radio is off (unnoticeable with radio on) . The tips look good, about 3/4" extended out compared to stock tips. Depends on your taste, if you like it flushed like stock, you may not like this. Many people agree that Blueflame has the best fit and sound. You may want to consider it. However, it maybe difficult to find one as it's discontinued a while ago. I didn't go with this system because I didn't like the look of the main part hanging lower.

Seasoned members would tell you that there are many other performance mods to do and exhaust cat-back alone isn't one of them. I'd listen to them : )

Last edited by arTTie; 06-07-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

He speaks the truth. Exhaust, in and of itself will add a little but not much. Free flowing exhausts shine AFTER chipping and FMIC installs.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Folks, thanks so much for the very valuable information, I appreciate it. Given what was stated and what I am looking for I am better off sticking with the stock. I do like it and don't have a problem with the sound, so to replace it for sound and look with not noticeable performance gain I am going to hold off on replacing the stock.

I have got the Bilstein Coilovers Pss9 maybe I will put the money towards some anti-sway bars.

Thanks again.
F.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

These cars do great with a 19mm in the rear while leaving the front stock. Super easy DIY job too.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Black BeauTTy
These cars do great with a 19mm in the rear while leaving the front stock. Super easy DIY job too.
I second this. Defcon bushings for the front control arms also.
http://www.mcpii.com/suspension.html

Quick Reply: Best exaust for 01'TT 225 HP