TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Chip Tuning a leased car

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-1999, 02:44 PM
Dave A

Default Chip Tuning a leased car

Okay, I have searched through the forum and have found postings regarding chip tuning, but they all refer to earlier discussions which I simply cannot locate. I'm not looking to start another thread, I just want a quick summary of what was said. I have placed a deposit on a 180Q and I would like to chip-tune the car with the Wetterauer chip. Note, I am leasing this car, and I'm hoping that I can put my stock chip back in the car and return it at lease-end. Is anybody else doing this? What do dealers think of this? How will it affect my warranty? Please, no guesses here... If you don't know, just don't reply.. like I said, I don't want to start a huge discussion that has already taken place.
Thanks,
Dave<ul><li><a href="http://www.rhinopotamus.com">http://www.rhinopotamus.com</a</li></ul>
Old 11-01-1999, 09:20 AM
Wayne Wissman

I've had my leased TTQ chipped.. (more) (nt)
Old 11-01-1999, 09:29 AM
Wayne Wissman

Default I hit enter instead of tab... More

I have had my leased TT Quattro installed with a Garrett chip last month. The new chip was put into a socket and therefore have the stock chip for easy replacement. I am glad I had the modification done and don't have a concern about the warranty. If I feel really hyper when I take my car in for major service I will replace the chip. Otherwise, I not concerned. I plan to keep my TTQ well after the expiration of the lease, so the mod is not a problem. If I do sell the TT, I have the option to sell for more w/ chip or sell chip to a non-chipped TTQ.
Old 11-01-1999, 09:35 AM
Audi Financial Services

Default Wayne, please give us a call ...

Just kidding,
John TT
Old 11-01-1999, 09:23 PM
D-TTrain

Default Re: I hit enter instead of tab... More

OK,
Hate to ask a dumb question, but can someone give me the low-down on these chips you are discussing? Where do you buy them? What do they cost? What are the specific performance advantages gained? Is the chip installable by the vehicle owner, or does it require special tools? TIA for any info.