TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

It Costs To Delete!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2000, 08:52 PM
Road Queen

Default It Costs To Delete!

Well, I thought my dealer was on to bigger and better things, like, selling more cars, but, it appears I was wrong. Got a call from the "manager" today and he's decided he wants me to send him a check for an additional $1000 because I decided NOT to go with the Bose. He said I put him at risk if I decided not to purchase the car afterall. He's got me! The car's already being built and he knows I'm hungry! Now, THAT'S insulting!!! Customer No Service! Beware of Atlanta dealers!!!
Old 02-16-2000, 09:13 PM
Flick

Default That's So Awful!!! Try this... (more)

Report that S.O.B. to the local BBB. That's just plain unethical.

Try this: Tell him his argument is irrelevant, because TT's rarely last 'on the floor' longer than a week, regardless of options. In addition, suggest that if you don't purchase the car, he can charge a markup (which is what most dealers do on floor models anyway), so it's TO HIS ADVANTAGE if you don't buy the car. If that fails, simply state that upping the deposit is a breach of contract on the original order, threaten to report him to the BBB, picket his dealership, etc.

Or just ignore him. He's probably just blowing hot air out his a##. Since he's so worried about losing your business, imply that his requirement is frankly insulting, and that you're considering dropping the order entirely. Then he's really screwed, because his fears would be coming true.

Explain that if it's in production now, he can just cool his jets for 2 months until it comes in. Frankly, if this is the way the dealer operates I'd consider getting outside financing so they don't get the kickback! You gotta take a stand against this crap: it's the principle.

Just flat-out ridiculous. Or give him any number of e-mail addresses from this forum and tell him that one of us will buy it if you turn it down. Or...

you get the picture.
That just makes me steamed
Old 02-16-2000, 11:25 PM
Dr.Lane

Default Re: It Costs To Delete!

That's not bad considering my dealer wants an additional $4000 non-refundalbe deposit for me to get the car that I originally ordered. They decided to order a fully loaded 225 that I will probably decline to take because of this practice. Hello Audi, is anyone listening/reading these posts??
Old 02-16-2000, 11:41 PM
Bill Gates

Audi is like the Microsoft of automobile dealers..."**** off if it's not to your liking."
Old 02-16-2000, 11:48 PM
Marcus

Default One way to get back. Give them 0 ratings.

My Audi dealership says that AOA always calls buyers after their purchase and questions them about the experience. My sales person was very helpful and overall I had a pleasant experience purchasing my TT, but the sales person also asked that when AOA calls to give him good ratings because the dealership's allotment and the sales person's commission depend on your (and everyone else's) ratings. Give them 0 ratings.
Old 02-16-2000, 11:51 PM
Dr.Lane

Thanks Bill. Be informed that anesthetics don't work well on a "hot tooth" emergency situation.
Old 02-17-2000, 03:12 AM
Peter S.

Default DO NOT PAY!!!

Complain to AoA, the dealer has no right to penalize you. And how can a TT on the lot put him at risk?

Most dealers cannot get their hands on enought of them and he's in the business of selling cars. If your dealer doesn't have enough faith in Audi products to think that they will sell, he should not be a dealer.
Old 02-17-2000, 03:47 AM
A Dealer

Default Re: It Costs To Delete!

As a dealer, I'm discouraged to hear about this. It's these guys that make us ethical dealers look bad. It's true that a non-Bose TT is less desirable, but that's your decision. He might not be able to mark it over list, but he'll definitely sell it and make a great profit, regardless. Anyways, sorry to hear about your experience. I'd cancel the order and place it with a scrupulous dealer, not this dirtbag. Good luck
Old 02-17-2000, 04:12 AM
Joe

Default Re: It Costs To Delete! ---- Attorneys General love this stuff

Okay..after hearing many of the issues everyone is bringing up with poor customer service and unscrupulous dealers, it has made me think more than twice about purchasing a TTQ, at this time. If the dealers don't get it and Audi doesn't either, they will be putting themselves in the same position as they were in the 80's. Last time I checked, consumers have a choice and if buyers were smart they would tell Audi and the dealers to KISS OFF.

Enough moralizing. If you have issues with a dealer, you can also inform him of you intent to report him to your state's Attorney General. This must be done in writing and sent via certified mail so that a paper trail is kept. I would document the entire ordering process and what has transpired in the letter, copy Audi of America and state your next step it a formal complaint to the State Attorney General. Most states provide a Consumer Protection Bulletin that can be obtained from your local representative or congressman. Sad to say, but sometime it take the threat of legal action or an investigation to wake people up and smell the coffee.

Good luck with your purchase...Unfortunately, I believe the negatives that I have heard over the past 12 months may keep me from purchasing this June.

Cheers!
Joe
Old 02-17-2000, 05:32 AM
DaveB

He already accepted your money and placed the order...don't SHOW HIM THE MONEY..

Quick Reply: It Costs To Delete!