TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Does anyone have the split side view mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2001, 05:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have the split side view mirrors?

Where can I buy them? Was it difficult to install? I have also made up my mind on whether or not to de-badge my TTR. How can I remove the Quattro badge from the grill...I dont want to break it.

Thanks everyone...
Old 10-19-2001, 05:23 AM
Elder Member

Default I have had them for well over a year . . .

you can get them from two places:

1. <a href="http://www.stratmosphere.com">Stratmosphere.com</a>

2. Contact White House Audi in the UK, they sell parts/supplies to quite a few people on here.
Old 10-19-2001, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default For 6 months and passenger side mirror makes a big difference...where I got em

Strongly recommend it, I got mine from a UK dealer Whitehouse Audi, Martin Franklin. His e-mail address was martin.franklin@virgin.net. All I did was email him and he arranged to call me back, got the credit card info and I had them in less than a week. Their prices were less than stratmosphere. Easy to install but its not fun getting up the courage to yank real hard on the original mirrors. They are easy to break and probably will. Broke one, but successful with the other. Other people have had better luck/skill. Be careful not to scratch the rest of the mirror housing as you jerk it out. I got a little scratch when the mirror broke since the edges were not completely covered by the cloth I was using to yank it out. Second one was flawless since I had an idea of what would happen. Instructions come with it and also the instructions on the stratmosphere web site (somewhere under the mirror description) are good.
Old 10-19-2001, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got mine from the UK, over a year ago. Easy to install.

<ul><li><a href="http://www.partsdepartment.co.uk/">UK Audi Parts</a></li></ul>
Old 10-19-2001, 07:24 AM

Default Sure. I ordered my mirrors from Martyn Franklin from the Parts Department UK (more)

I actually got the split mirror for the drivers' side, and the standard German-spec mirror for the right. I switched it because the US-spec RH mirror does not have a thermostat with an automatic shut-off. I think I ended up paying approximately $65 per mirror, plus shipping, but I ordered the German taillights at the same time (I wanted the rear fog light), plus some other goodies, so I can't really say what the total order will cost. I can tell you, however, that the order arrived in <b>three</b> days. (I even order music from the UK that arrives faster than if I ordered it Stateside.)

You can contact Martyn at martyn.franklin@btinternet.com, or check out the Parts Department using the link below. If you do, be sure to ask him about the new Roadster antennas. Martyn's a good guy and was one of the "behind-the-scenes" people that made TT West possible.<ul><li><a href="http://www.partsdepartment.co.uk/">The Parts Department</a></li></ul>
Old 10-19-2001, 07:58 AM

Default Love mine...When driving with the top up in my TTR...without the major openess of top down driving..

I feel more sensitive to the car's blindspots...

These mirrors have really taken away all of the blindspots...and I am now just as comfortable driving with the top up as I am with it down...

However, I still keep the top down AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE...I love it!
Old 10-19-2001, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the mirrors for a year... love them. Took a few days to get used to them.