TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

a few questions / issues / obersvations..

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-1999, 12:49 PM
derek

Default a few questions / issues / obersvations..

First of all i am totally satified with my TT.

I have noticed from time to time that when i remove my key from the iginition it seems to think that it is still inserted (when i open the door it beeps at me). Has this happened to anyone else?

I was also wondering how many TTs there are in the Bay Area. I have only seen 2 (not including mine) a silver one and another blue one. Where is everyone hiding?

Also, if i were to tighten down the suspension by adding some suspension tweaks like new sway bar etc. what are the warranty implications?

-- thanks, derek
Old 09-13-1999, 02:52 PM
TK

Default Re: a few questions / issues / obersvations..

I drive a blue one in the Silicon Valley.
Old 09-13-1999, 03:32 PM
SeanP

I had the same thing happen to me about a week ago. It happened a few times after I had the driver's side window motor replaced by the dealer. Coincidence? Anyway, it happened a couple of times and I just sort of jiggled it a couples when it happened. It hasn't happened since. Strange.
Old 09-14-1999, 08:24 AM
Andy Hedin

Default Somewhat common on brand-new A4's...

<i>I have noticed from time to time that when i remove my key from the iginition it seems to think that it is still inserted (when i open the door it beeps at me). Has this happened to anyone else?</i>

From what I've read over on A4.org, this is somewhat common on the brand new 1999.5 A4's. The fix has something to do with lubricating the ignition switch...probably should have the dealer address this for you. HTH,

<A HREF="Mailto:andy_hedin@hotmail.com">Andy Hedin</A>
'97 A4 1.8Tqms, Garrett 1.0 Bar, ABT Filter, APR/Borla Exhaust, Euro Headlights, more...
Old 09-14-1999, 08:41 AM
Caleb

i drive a blue one and i live close the San Fran. i've actually seen about 3 or 4 TT's, mostly silver around the bay area. always feel some sort of connection with the other driver. good taste understands good taste i suppose!
Old 09-14-1999, 12:03 PM
TK

Waiting on my Denim Blue 225Q due this spring! Will be seeing you on the road.

Many people in the office are always stopping by and telling me that they saw one on the drive in. Always seems to be silver (yuk! - I hate it on any car!!!). I have personally seen a silver one on the Penisula and a Denim Blue in Livermore.

Old 09-14-1999, 12:03 PM
mk

i'v got a silver ttq, east bay (fremont), i'v seen another blue and silver in the area as well. what rarities!