TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Got some much needed work done today.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got some much needed work done today.......

I was coming due for the oil change, so I got that done.....it's funny how fast it goes when you've done it several times. The first time took me about 3 hours and lots of trips to the store, and now I can do it in probably 30 minutes.

The rear sway bar was creaking like crazy, so, I got that all lubed up. Taking the exhaust off to get to the sway is SO much easier with the light Borla than it was with the heavy-*** stock exhaust. I can actually do this by myself without a second set of hands to lift the thing.

And, I figured since I was working in the back, I'd take the Koni shocks off to adjust the stiffness. They were still on the factory setting since April '05 when they were put on, so, I decided to firm 'em up a bit.

It was good to get under there and tinker around again. Aside from putting MOBlueTT's downpipe on last Monday, it's been to friggin' cold to work on the cars. I've still got a EVO heatshield and a Samco turbo inlet hose that need to go on.

I was looking through my maintenance records when I was writing the mileage down for my oil change today.....One year ago, I had 40,232 miles...today, it's 44,230. I didn't realize how little I'd been driving this thing since we got the A3. It is nice to keep the miles off of it, though.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll turn 44k myself within the next week or so.