TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

I don't care what anyone else says, I LOVE MY TT!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-1999, 04:30 PM
Jenner

Default I don't care what anyone else says, I LOVE MY TT!

I've been thinking about it lots, the whole "handling" issue won't go away and even though I am sick of reading about it, I love the way the car handles, looks, drives, flies, corners, sounds, did I say looks?, turns, banks, revs, brakes, and smells!

I LOVE my TT. If you don't, I won't mind. One less TT on the road which makes mine look more unique! But seriously, I know that every morning and every evening the best part of my day is my half hour commute to and from work! I had an exceptionally good drive home tonight. I just broke 1900 miles and the notchy feeling I had shifting from first to second is getting broken in, the valcona seats are starting to mold to my butt nicely. The TT's handling is awesome and there are times when I have to pause and think about how awesome this car is and how lucky I am that I earn enough to afford one at 22 years old.

Weighing heavily on my mind has been the recall just announced here in the US. My thoughts right now are to get the suspension upgrade, and then if I get to see a TT in person with the spoiler I will make my decision on it then. Otherwise I'll pass on it. I have track experience with my A4, and I plan to put my TT on the track ASAP so that I can learn its "handling limits" in a controlled environment.

I know that Steve R and Brad Willis have had problems above and beyond normal inconveniences, in the almost 2000 miles that I have had my TTQ I am only getting the rear privacy screen replaced because of a small rattle over bumps. I could probably live with this rattle as I have the stereo on or the windows down when its nice to listen to the engine/exhaust, but since its free, I figure why not.

I needed to share with you all how much I love this car no matter what the critiques say!

-Jenner
'00 180QX TT Garrett
Old 11-08-1999, 05:01 PM
Sal

BRAVO!!! (nt)
Old 11-08-1999, 05:06 PM
jacqth

I love my TT TToo and I don't give one single hoot what others think (nt)
Old 11-08-1999, 05:26 PM
Brad Willis

Default Re: I don't care what anyone else says, I LOVE MY TT!

I've got to agree with your comments. The TT is an exceptional car, and I like mine a lot. As you correctly noted, I have had more than my share of problems. In fact, it's in the shop again right now (tranny grinding, metal rattle from under the car, noisy power steering pump, and funky texture on paint above l/f fender).

Still, when it works right it is a joy to drive, and I very much feel that the handling issues are very much overblown. In many ways, it is an exceptional car.

The TT reminds me of a beautiful blonde with great curves. Others assume that she is stupid, and are constantly trying to tear her down. Since the TT is so visually stunning and unique, jealous individuals will undoubtedly be attacking it for some time to come. Some of the attacks will be warranted, but mostly not.
Old 11-08-1999, 06:00 PM
Jenner

Default That quote is awesome and gets right to the poinTT!

"The TT reminds me of a beautiful blonde with great curves. Others assume that she is stupid, and are constantly trying to tear her down. Since the TT is so visually stunning and unique, jealous individuals will undoubtedly be attacking it for some time to come. Some of the attacks will be warranted, but mostly not."

VERY very well said. I don't want to start accusing anyone but I have a feeling some of the bashing posts that keep the handing issues alive are from jealous people that wish they had a TT. I am sorry for the troubles you and Steve R had/are having, but I do hope that you both decide to stick with this great machine and overcome the problems as soon as possible. Enjoy the ride, I know I do!

-Jenner
'00 180QX TT Garrett
Old 11-08-1999, 07:09 PM
MCP

Default Yeah, but a lot of times they're right, and she IS stupid....(more)

stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason, ya know? Just another thought.
Old 11-08-1999, 11:27 PM
Victor F

Default Me too! (more)

I don't care what criticisms are thrown at the car I love mine passionately too. I just find it so strange that despite all the road tests, magazine, paper and TV reviews etc. for at least the past year something like this (that the media has hyped up and only because a newspaper executive got killed) fell through the holes and wasn't pointed out as a major issue.
The fact that in the UK someone trashed their car after only 10 miles smacks of lack of concentration and experience with the car.
With a car with such a visually stunning profile and a real trend setter in concept to road car design (isn't that what all cars are???)it is bound to make the news good and bad.
Old 11-09-1999, 01:35 AM
Blondie

Some people might be offended by sexist remarks. (nt)
Old 11-09-1999, 02:27 AM
GO TT

Default Hey Brad, I goTT that funky texture paint thing going as well.

Please E me when you get an explanation for this. A bull**** one or otherwise. Ya just can't sure what them there dealers'll say next. Thanx man, Greg
Old 11-09-1999, 03:31 AM
Hey! It's 1999!!

Brad doesn't seem to be very sensitive to sexist remarks, since he makes them often (nt)

Quick Reply: I don't care what anyone else says, I LOVE MY TT!