TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Intro, SoWo, Road Trip, Wet Floors

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Intro, SoWo, Road Trip, Wet Floors

Howdy! I haven't done much posting in this section, so I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Bryan from Dallas, and I've got an 01 TT Roadster TDI I converted over the past couple of years.

The mechanical portion has never given me any trouble, but the trim on that car has been nothing but a headache. On my third try, I got a working rear windstop, and I had the back glass re-glued to the convertible top fabric, so I thought I was home free as far as water leaks go.

Lo and behold, when we stayed overnight in Cummings, GA after spending the day at Southern Worthersee, my girlfriend parked the car on a surface slanted to the left about 5°, and I came out in the morning to a puddle of water under my passenger seat. Dividing the floor into four quadrants (fore/aft left/right), only the right rear floor was wet, and I still see water dripping from the car two days later.

When I had the convertible top out, I completely removed, cleaned, and reinstalled the driver side rain gutter drain hose. Based on what I found (perfect condition, no blockage), I didn't even mess with the passenger side. However, I'm looking for other common places the leak could be coming from.

Thank you all for your help. Please help me preserve my TT's "new car" smell!