TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Lean Code

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lean Code

Hey guys,

I have an 02 TT ALMS with exhaust, upgraded IC piping w/ front mount IC and aftermarket BOV. I just had the ECU reset to stock (removing a super-hot Revo program the previous own had on there). Now I'm getting a lean code thrown when I boost. Also boost surges up to nearly 20psi before it falls back down to about 7-9, where it holds pretty steady.

What I'm wondering is, is this something I should be overly concerned about? I am planning on getting the GIAC upgrade in a few months (moderate boos). Is there another mod (intake, FPR or upgraded fuel pump) that I should think about? What potential damage could be caused to my engine by leaving it as is for a while?

Thanks!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonHears
Hey guys,

I have an 02 TT ALMS with exhaust, upgraded IC piping w/ front mount IC and aftermarket BOV. I just had the ECU reset to stock (removing a super-hot Revo program the previous own had on there). Now I'm getting a lean code thrown when I boost. Also boost surges up to nearly 20psi before it falls back down to about 7-9, where it holds pretty steady.

What I'm wondering is, is this something I should be overly concerned about? I am planning on getting the GIAC upgrade in a few months (moderate boos). Is there another mod (intake, FPR or upgraded fuel pump) that I should think about? What potential damage could be caused to my engine by leaving it as is for a while?

Thanks!
Lean Code & BOV, well what a surprise .
Old 05-10-2010, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. Do you have a suggestion AudiMick? Or just like posting sarcastic replies?
Old 05-11-2010, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonHears
Ok. Do you have a suggestion AudiMick? Or just like posting sarcastic replies?
Actually I prefer sarcasm.

Other than burnt valves and pistons there are no detrimental long term effects to using a BOV.

I suggest you search for information on this forum regarding BOVs and Audis. The subject has been covered many times here.I don't feel like typing it out again. If you "must" have the cute noise use a hybrid valve or better still revert to a 710N standard valve.

The chances are there is more than that going on here, with the FMIC providing way more air volume and mass than the ECU standard program is used to.