TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Longshot question (Jason Dale?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-1999, 05:48 PM
Todd W

Default Longshot question (Jason Dale?)

<br>Is there any reasonable way to lower the seats further on the TT? It looks like you would have to pound out the pan to do it. I like the car, but I'm not paying that much for something I don't fit in!!! Oh, and I will NOT consider the New Beetle for the extra headroom <p>Thanks,<p>Todd W
Old 06-07-1999, 04:29 AM
dac

Default You must be very tall

I was pleasantly suprisd that at 6'5" I was able to fit. THough admittedly just barely. No hed hitting or anything but if I lean my head back against the headrest, the hair on my mostly shaved head just bristles the roof. Anyone much taller would be hitting it. Not that I ever drive with my head back there anyway but it is good to know I won't be hitting my head when I do lean my head back there.
Old 06-07-1999, 06:10 AM
Todd W

Default 6' 1"

<br>But short legs.<p>The salesman Saturday claimed he was 6' 2", but I was taller than him. There's a guy that's 6' 7" at work. His torso is about as long as mine, maybe just a shade shorter. His hair is taller, so it's a tough call <p>The seat needs to go lower, because the steering wheel is too low as well. Otherwise, everything is perfect on the car. I rub my head on an A4 without a sunroof, and I don't fit in any American or Japanese cars, so the TT comes as no surprise.<p>People taller than me usually fit where I don't, because they are forced to slouch in order to fit anywhere. Not that it is great, but I am very mindful of my posture.<p>Todd W
Old 06-07-1999, 06:25 AM
dac

Default hmmm

You are right I suppose I am pretty used to slouching. Even just to talk to people. But I don't think I slouch in the car. My saving grace I would guess is that a lot of my height is in my legs. As for the steering wheel, it is very adjustable. tilt and telescope. I have found a comfortable spot with plenty of gauge visibility without moving my head. Honestly, I did not expect to fit as I barely fit in my A4 but was pleasantly suprised. Also worthy of note perhaps is that I do recline the seat slightly as I do in my A4 as I did in my Pontiac before that.
Old 06-07-1999, 08:17 PM
Jason Dale

Default Seats

Sorry, Todd, I've had the seats out, and there doesn't seem to be much that you can do. Let me know if you come up with a remedy.<p>Jason Dale<br>Audi Technician<br>Ken Garff Motors<br>Provo, UT
Old 06-08-1999, 12:51 AM
ChuckH

Default What about making it go back a little more (even if only an inch or two!)? Thanks! :-) (nt)

nt
Old 06-08-1999, 07:26 AM
Todd W

Default Remedy is A4 no sunroof & manual seats

<br>Sat in a no options 1.8TQM Avant yesterday. Pretty cool. Probably best choice for all around car (commute/interstate/track) and only $26K. I'd love the TT, but just don't fit in it.<p>Thanks for the info.<p>Todd W
Old 06-08-1999, 09:32 PM
Jason Dale

Default Seats

Next time I have seats out of one of these, I'll see if anything else can be done and post a message.<p>Jason Dale<br>Audi Technician <br>Ken Garff Motors<br>Provo, UT
Old 06-08-1999, 09:59 PM
ChuckH

Default Thanks Dale! (more)

I plan to order a TT Roadster, and my main concern is legroom. I have a little difficulty getting in and out of the Coupe, and I'm pretty cramped with the seat all the way back. Removing the grab handle may help a little, but with my bad knees, I'd still be uncomfortable unless I can stretch out a little. Anyway, I'm sure I speak for the rest when I say thank you for all your time, efforts, and help! :-)<p>Charles<br>