TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Midwest TT club

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midwest TT club

Hi folks,
some of you have expressed some interest in forming a Midwest TT club - there are quite a lot of us in the midwest so I think it would be quite beneficial for everyone. I'm volunteering to coordinate the efforts to get this thing started, but I need your input and your help. I am planning on talking with folks from the WCTT to see how they run their club; but hopefully we can come up with something unique and not be a pure copycat of what they alreday have on the west coast.
Obviously, I'm thinking that all communication will be mostly web-based. I checked and mwtt.com is available; if it's ok with everyone i'll purchase it tomorrow. I'm tempted to volunteer Tony Gnowknayme for the development; who else volunteers to work on it? As for the design, I have a couple of ideas; I'll be happy to put something together for your approval. If you have ideas or good pictures that could belong there, please let me know. Dayum i wish Bob lived in the Midwest. ;-)
As for the sections on the site, I'm thinking something along the lines of (in no particular order):
- news
- members
- registry
- parts for sale
- calendar of events (I'm thinking that we could separate the club into different chapters - Chicago, St Louis, etc - to make it easier to coordinate events)
- FAQ etc (I love how WCTT leaves cards on other TTs referring to their web site)
- on-line registration
- merchandise (?)
- message board

btw - I am NOT doing this to make some money out of it, so I intend on keeping this free. I agree to eat the cost of registering the domain name in exchange for drinks at our first GTG; as for the hosting, I hope someone nice who has access to a server with SQL will volunteer (Anand, I'm looking in your direction *grin*). If there are operating expenses, which I don't expect, i hope we'll share them. I think that registration should be free, and that the only thing we should pay for is merchandise if we decide to have some (the WCTT t-shirts are sweet). This said, if you insist on giving me money, please send checks, money orders, jewelry and gold teeth to Save Merou from the IRS, PO Box 56, Chicago IL 60647. ;-)

Please, i'm looking for volunteers and ideas/suggestions to get this started. If you guys agree on mwtt.com, I'll set up an email list to exchange ideas. Please let me kmow if you want to be added to that list. Stinky J Sock has already volunteered to assist in planning. There wouldn't be a lot of work involved unless you specifically agree to do it (e.g. coding the web site), just giving opinions and suggestions.

OMFG. After a couple of minutes of really bumpy flight in the clouds, suddenly the sky is clear and i'm flying over the Arizona in this very eerie light. The landscape is stunning... If I'm not mistaken, that was the Grand Canyon just a few minutes ago. Holy crap it's beautiful from up here - kinda lost my train of thought about the TT thing here, sorry ;-)

Anyway - approval for mwtt.com requested, volunteers needed, thanks in advance, i love you all.
Old 07-22-2002, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I am in 100%

Mark me down, I have been doing Milwaukee get togethers for 2 years now, only TT owners though (no other audis). I am all for the mwtt.com

I would also love to help plan and host events in the Milwaukee/Chicago area.
Old 07-22-2002, 10:15 PM

did you ever get in touch with CuTTi who's in Milwaukee this week?
Old 07-22-2002, 10:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I e-mailed her, but she never got back to me :-(
Old 07-23-2002, 12:05 AM

I'd be game, I have server space to host it on too.
Old 07-23-2002, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm definitely in too!!(as long as the events are not just in chicago!!)
Old 07-23-2002, 05:17 AM

definitely not - that's why we need coordinators in each area.
Old 07-23-2002, 05:18 AM

great! do you have SQL server available?
Old 07-23-2002, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You know I'm in.

I'll help do the programming and I've also got a web server with SQL that I can put the site on. However, I'm horrible at design, so I'll need someone else to do that for me. Heh.

The only problem is I'll be umm...Busy for the next few months, and I doubt I'll have much time to work on this. I can probably get something rough up and running pretty quickly, but I probably won't have a lot of time to polish it all up and make it terribly nice till sometime in October...So, I can try to get another account on my web host for someone else to do development if anyone knows PHP + SQL.

Email me if you want to go ahead with any of this stuff.
Old 07-23-2002, 05:31 AM

I can only do asp. what are the advantages of php?

Quick Reply: Midwest TT club