TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

A note of thanks (Caution: long, smarmy, but heartfelt.)

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2001, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A note of thanks (Caution: long, smarmy, but heartfelt.)

Every once in a while, I think of how good I have it, and to whom I owe my thanks.

There are those pesky little things I often take for granted -- more than adequate food, shelter and clothing - which are far better than experienced by most of the world. Lord, thank you.
I'm blessed by having two parents who cared for me and did their best to raise their kids with values, honor and decency. Mom and Dad, thank you.
I'm lucky to have gained a good education. Mom and Dad, teachers and taxpayers, thank you.
I live in what is arguably the world's greatest nation, and am privileged to serve it as a member of the world's finest military. Citizens and taxpayers, thank you.
I work with some of the finest people I know; for the most part, principled, honorable people who choose to place themselves in harm's way. To the more than 3.5 million members of the Department of Defense, thank you.
I have a sister and friends who care about me, who share my good times and bad times. You know who you are; thank you.
There's a special someone whom I am beginning to know better and hope to know for years to come. (Name withheld to protect the innocent thank you.
I got to see my baseball team win not one, but two World Series before the ba$tard greedy MLB owners gut it tomorrow. Carl Pohlad, Tom Kelly and the Minnesota Twins, thank you.
I drive an incredibly spoiled, kick-*** car Freeman Thomas, thank you for designing a true automotive work of art; Audi, thank you for having the guts to bring it to market without neutering it.
Then there are y'all, my virtual family and friends. For those of you I've met, it's a privilege; for those of you I haven't yet, I look forward to the opportunity. The differences amongst us are legion; the common bonds allow us to revel in the differences. Assbags, thank you -- see you at TT East!
So as I embark on one of the last years before the dreaded 4-0 :O, I'm grateful to reflect on my blessings.

42N8ly yours,

JAY C. STEUCK, Major, USAF
Vene, Vidi, TT
Old 11-06-2001, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Very nice. I just got what your name means. Cool.
Old 11-06-2001, 12:47 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love it.
Old 11-06-2001, 12:48 PM
Elder Member

Default Dude, ummm, that's kinda heavy. Have a strange, unidentified, saline excretion coming out of my eye

... oh wait, it was just some dust from my window being open...

j/k - Seriously, a good list of things one should keep in mind; a healthy perspective in the face of everything that's happened.

Thanks for sharing, Jay.
Old 11-06-2001, 12:53 PM

Thanks for sharing....42N8 Jay! :-)
Old 11-06-2001, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I don't know what to say...(but felt the need to comment...hehe) VERY nice
Old 11-06-2001, 01:13 PM

Default Thanks for sharing, Jay.

Those kind of thoughts occurred often prior to a deployment (to SEA)years ago. They are the thoughts we should all have more frequently.

I understand your feelings; rest assured that the vast majority of us thank you for your career choice in defending our freedom.

To fly and to fight.
Old 11-06-2001, 01:17 PM

Default Re: No, thank you. It's people like you that made this country the greatest on earth.

When we cry freedom, liberty, and civil rights, we often forget the sacrifices of those that secured it.
Old 11-06-2001, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Well put, thank you and a salute to Major Jay
Old 11-06-2001, 03:00 PM
Elder Member

... for people like you who stop to observe, to understand, and to appreciate......Thank You.

Quick Reply: A note of thanks (Caution: long, smarmy, but heartfelt.)